(Another) 2017 Moccasin 210 Build Thread
Having owned and fished on MHP, Ranger, Beavertail, et al, I've run just about everything on the inshore/nearshore spectrum. I also spent a good deal of time on one of the more infamous Egrets on the FS forum of old, but I'll refrain from kicking that anthill and let y'all guess... :Horse
Needless to say, I've wanted to purchase/build an Egret for some time, and I always thought it would be the 18'9". However, after visiting the Egret Factory back in September and sea-trialing the 18'9" and the Moccasin 210 side by side, my mind was changed.
To say that I was impressed with the Moccasin 210 would be an understatement. I still can't believe how well that boat handles for its size. Everything is extremely well thought out in terms of features and options. It also fits my needs better than the 18'9" would have, so again, the decision was pretty easy. Not to take anything away from the 18'9". Obviously, the fit and finish, speed, rod lockers, ability to pole the boat, etc., are all pros of the 18'9".
All ranting and raving aside I'll post pictures and updates as I receive them.
Just received these two last week:
Estimated completion date is mid to late January. Gonna be a long two months. :drink
All the standard features have been listed before, so I won't waste space on those...
- 200 HP Suzuki (4 cylinder, keyless start, Engine Connection, etc.) and 4-Blade SS Prop
- Garmin 1040 XS
- Black Hull (sides)
- White Rub Rail
- Livewell behind Leaning Post
- Transom Bench Seat Cushion and Backrest
- 4 Welded Rod Holders on Transom Bench Seat Backrest
- Casting Platform
- Black Powder Coating
- Dual 8' Power Pole Blade Series (Black)
- 24-Volt Minn Kota (Tiller), 2 Batteries, Quick Disconnect
- Stealth Triple Battery Charger
- LED Lights under gunnels, etc.
- Fusion 205 Stereo w/Bluetooth and JL Speakers
- JL 200 Watt Amp
- VHF Radio w/digital antenna
- Custom 5" narrower console (thanks for the idea, Phil!), no rod holders.
- And of can't forget that "crappy" EZ Loader
PS: If anyone has recommendations or numbers on 3-blade props with that boat and motor, I'm all ears. The performance from the 4-blade was awesome, and I will run that primarily... but if I can get a substantial speed bump from a 3-blade for tournament day, that would be a bonus.