Sombrero beach

can I get to sombrero beach by boat or only by car?

Replies

• Andyman33Andyman33 Posts: 119 Deckhand
    to be more clear - yes I know I can see it by boat. but can I anchor close enough to wade in? are there spots to even "beach" the boat apart from the swimming area?
  • Cat Man DoCat Man Do Posts: 28 Greenhorn
    Andyman33 wrote: »
    to be more clear - yes I know I can see it by boat. but can I anchor close enough to wade in? are there spots to even "beach" the boat apart from the swimming area?

There is no public area where you can beach the boat.
  • B2TBB2TB Posts: 57 Greenhorn
    Some people drop anchor in Sister Creek or drop off people at the sw corner of the beach. It can get very shallow during outgoing tide some people beach zodiacs etc for short periods of time but as said there is no official public area
  • Andyman33Andyman33 Posts: 119 Deckhand
    thanks guys. just thinking of trips to take with the kids where I could even drop them off and then go to the reef fishing while they swim/play
  • dcrdcr Posts: 306 Deckhand
    Andyman33 wrote: »
    thanks guys. just thinking of trips to take with the kids where I could even drop them off and then go to the reef fishing while they swim/play

There's a beach 50 yards from Bahia Honda State Park marina and a gift shop with food, drinks, ice cream. Are they old enough to give a 20 and let 'em loose?
  • nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 8 Greenhorn
    All the way to the East end of the beach, outside the swimming area is a small spot to beach no one has ever said I could not beach there
    good luck
  • AOKRVsAOKRVs Posts: 1,835 Captain
    I think I have seen that area from land
    Is it all sandy or are there small rock piles to dodge.
    Could I get my 266 World Cat up there to drop off kids
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Marathon, FL -- World Cat 320CC -- Charter Service cheaper than renting

https://www.aokcharters.com/
    573-216-4078

https://www.AOKRVs.com   -- The best prices on the best best brands everyday.

• nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 8 Greenhorn
    All sand except for the obvious rock pile. cat should have no problem
  • cprcpr Posts: 9,301 Admiral
    What about curry hammock/ Valhalla sandbar? Easy to get to and plenty of beach.
    "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future." Niels Bohr