Night fishing the flats

Hey guys ,I was going to wade fish a bit tonight and wanted some opinions on go to artificials. I've always heard darker plastics at night and maybe some top water. I was going to use a glow shallow bait buster to start. Any other suggestions?

Replies

• Jscags626Jscags626 Posts: 27 Greenhorn
    1/8 jighead with DOA paddle tails and jerk baits, been getting lots of trout and some flounder on them lately.
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,675 Moderator
    Seen the TV guy catch plenty using white plastics at night ..
    "You'll get your weather"
  • Kokosing LoverKokosing Lover Posts: 510 Officer
    Dark lures at night only if there is some sort of ambient light; lots of moonlight, dock lights and such. If there is almost zero ambient light, you're better off going with something that glows a little bit.
  • SofthammerSofthammer Posts: 59 Greenhorn
    Don't know about night, but had probably 70 trout last week on an 1/8 oz Chartruese Doa jig head with the 3" glow swim shad. As long as the tide was running the trout were relentless. Pearl white worked too, that may play out with this full moon.
  • GratefulEdGratefulEd Posts: 315 Deckhand
    Do be careful out there. Thar be some critters out there in the dark
    Saw 2 sharks about 6' long and rather girthy cruising right along Crystal Beach Pier
  • Moken10Moken10 Posts: 292 Deckhand
    Thanks for the heads up Grateful. I didn't even end up going out due to unexpected new baby duties. Thanks for all the input!