Flounder Run

Did the hurricane mess up the flounder migration or will this cool weather get them moving and into the river or did I miss it all together?

Replies

• trousertroutmantrousertroutman Posts: 1,332 Officer
    I was thinking the same thing, my pb came in November but I know lots have been caught and poked this year so was curious too if any may be left
    Make the forum great again.....consolidate general fishing with for sale or business but keep reports separate!
  • TieOneOnTieOneOn Posts: 17 Greenhorn
    The only one I've boated in the past few weeks actually ate a small fly. Nice fish but he wasn't willing to tell me where all his friends were hiding. Found him way back in a creek on the beginning of the incoming tide.
  • Ladder ManLadder Man Posts: 1,173 Officer
    I move to Brunswick in October :( No flounder pron coming from me this year.
  • jimmy06jimmy06 Posts: 1,189 Officer
    Ladder Man wrote: »
    I move to Brunswick in October :( No flounder pron coming from me this year.

There are no flounder left for a flounder run because Ladderman gigged them all and then move to a new city to wipe ot their flounder population. Lol
  • FlatheadfishermanFlatheadfisherman Posts: 801 Officer
    jimmy06 wrote: »
    There are no flounder left for a flounder run because Ladderman gigged them all and then move to a new city to wipe ot their flounder population. Lol

LOL Jimmy. BBR, I was on vacation last week and caught about a dozen flounder up to around 19 inches long. Fished from the Ferry back to Dames Point Bridge.
  • BBRBBR Posts: 63 Greenhorn
    seems to not be a thick run this year then or it hasn't happened yet. With this cool weather I figured they would start staging and stacking up in the river.
  • Ladder ManLadder Man Posts: 1,173 Officer
    there was the best spring run I have ever seen, so maybe they ran early.
  • BBRBBR Posts: 63 Greenhorn
    maybe....I kind of thought the spring run was them coming back in?
  • Cole321Cole321 Posts: 127 Deckhand
    while I was waiting for food at PV grill caught one right there under the bridge. There around but not in any big numbers