EPIC Swordfishing and Big Eye Thresher Team 3 Buoys LWI

I have fished w good friends Seth, Jordan, Joe and T3B for about a decade.
Last few years not as much as my "work" gets in the way.

A few weeks ago, Seth called on me for a favor to help w Bahamas relief for 3.5 days.
Pat Price , Joe Rieger and he organized a group of VERY generous folks who helped bring over 100,000 lbs in food, generators, water, tents, cots, trash pumps etc etc. He did me a HUGE solid inviting me to swordfish w team on this brief wether window this week-end.

We rolled out w SICK baits and an arsenal of top notch gear.
First drop? NICE sword about 110lbs and 60" LJFL
Second drop, we catch his twin! (about 100lbs)
Third drop 300+- Big Eye Thresher released.
2 drops no bites, then we bring up a 48" fish and decide to release it.
Congrats to Team No Competition who was right next to us and landed a 488lb BEAST

Thanks very much to Team 3 Buoys for inviting me out for the most fun I have had in a LONG time!!
Some pics, will add some video later.

Video of Thresher
USCG Freelance Licensed Captain
20 years experience Offshore & Bahamas ( Sailfish, Dolphin, Wahoo, Swordfish & Bottom Fish.)
[url]Http://www.e-moneyfishing.com[/url]
(I teach people how to be more effective AND catch MORE and BIGGER fish on their own boats!)
[email protected]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Replies

• AftershockAftershock Posts: 176 Deckhand
    Awesome action for you guys. And man that other one is a monster - WOW! No way to even keep him on ice.
  • Flight RiskFlight Risk Posts: 2,411 Captain
    That's very cool E$ - Looks like some folks have the Swordfish numbers and technique dialed-in.
    Congrats!
    :beer

Pura Vida!
  • CNTDRCNTDR Great Harbor Cay, BahamasPosts: 860 Officer
    Congrats Eric and all of the Three Buoys Team. With all the experience and hard work, you deserve an epic day like that!
    Looking forward to fishing with you soon.
    Great Harbor Cay, Berry Islands, Bahamas
    pm me for rental info.
  • JIMinPBJIMinPB Posts: 1,875 Captain
    Swords are serious business. Multiple boated fish of that type is a very good day indeed.
  • LiveSouthFLLiveSouthFL Posts: 127 Deckhand
    Epic day indeed! Nice work E$!!!
    Ed Moore
    Broker-Owner
    Live South Florida Realty, Inc.
    LiveSouthFL.com

*FREE MLS app for your mobile device: Text EDMOORE to 87778 or visit: http://87778.mobi/EDMOORE/
  • e-moneye-money Posts: 4,258 Captain
    That's very cool E$ - Looks like some folks have the Swordfish numbers and technique dialed-in.
    Congrats!
    :beer

No question. These boys are dialed in and tight.
    Every trip 100% effort and focus. Bunch of bad ****!!

Thx for nice words Jeff Cntdr, we love and respect ya and see ya this pm for ho down
    20 years experience Offshore & Bahamas ( Sailfish, Dolphin, Wahoo, Swordfish & Bottom Fish.)
    (I teach people how to be more effective AND catch MORE and BIGGER fish on their own boats!)
    [email protected]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bambam78bambam78 Posts: 557 Officer
    Nice work!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thx for positive feedback from T3B
    [email protected]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • capciofficapcioffi Posts: 808 Officer
    When you say "sick baits", could you help us beginners with some details if possible. I have been lucky to get a pup sword on a rigged squid that I prepared but have been studying on better presentations. Those are great swords, but the one is a true BEAST!
  • Hook N UpHook N Up Posts: 188 Officer
    Great work E and T3B! good luck this weekend at the Ho down! Should be a good hoo bite this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • latitudeajustmentlatitudeajustment Posts: 1,983 Captain
    Just great stuff there and kudos once again to helping out West End folks, they are still without power with no end in sight.

Any sword is a great catch and to get 2 nice ones in one day is awesome...the other GIANT sword is really the fish of a lifetime in these waters.
  • Captain DaveCaptain Dave Posts: 3,383 Captain
    Nice day for sure. Congrats guys!

The tails on a thresher are no joke. Twenty years ago I was on board a 17' Aquasport shark fishing with friends off NJ when we hooked up a 350lb thresher. When we got him up near the boat he tail-slapped the gunnel so hard that it actually cracked the figerglass. If I didn't see it with my own eyes I wouldn't have believed it.
    72262-albums10528-picture94957.jpg

Your Southeast Florida Real Estate Resource !
    www.HomesOfTreasureCoast.com

Search for homes on any mobile device with my FREE MLS SEARCH App !
    http://app.kw.com/KW2GYNJDM
    capcioffi wrote: »
    When you say "sick baits", could you help us beginners with some details if possible. I have been lucky to get a pup sword on a rigged squid that I prepared but have been studying on better presentations. Those are great swords, but the one is a true BEAST!

For the record we did NOT catch the 488 monster that was "No Competition" same day bnear us and a fish of a lifetime. I'm no expert, but here is a start

The best sword guys i know may spend up to 15-20 minutes per bait.
    They freer FRESH baits and can stitch bester than a singer seeing machine,
    (could be bonita bellies, could be snakehead, could be squid etc etc
    RAZOR sharp stainless hooks, customized wind on leader , and the right crimps for diameter of mono.
    I am pretty good at nighttime baits, Seth is a freaking GURU of daytime bait prep and could give his own "seminar"
    Hope this info helps, PM me as needed thx!

Thx Cappy Dave, and they thought I was being over cautious but that tail can BREAK BONES and I believe it can crack gelcoat easily!

Thx Hook N UP can't wait to see new sled and bite is on over there

LA great day indeed, 3 legal swords fought to the boat, and let 1 go plus the Thresher.
    The last few days I've been out since I got ill have been remarkable
    (80lb wahoo , multiple swords, less is more??!!) :grin
    [email protected]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    capcioffi wrote: »

For the record we did NOT catch the 488 monster that was as i stated "No Competition" same day near us and a fish of a lifetime.

WRT to questions on daytime baits

I'm no expert, but here is a start

The best sword guys i know may spend up to 15-20 minutes per bait.
    It's an involved process of icing them a certain way, cutting them a certain way, and lots of trimming
    (check out RJ Boyle videos...)
    They prefer FRESH baits over frozenand can stitch bester than a singer seeing machine. U want a hardy bait that can be slashed and stay intact
    (Bait could be bonita bellies, could be snakehead, could be squid etc etc
    RAZOR sharp stainless hooks, customized wind on leader , and the right crimps for diameter of mono.
    I am pretty good at nighttime baits, Seth is a freaking GURU of daytime bait prep and could give his own "seminar"
    Hope this info helps, PM me as needed thx!

Thx Cappy Dave, and they thought I was being over cautious but that tail can BREAK BONES and I believe it can crack gelcoat easily!

Thx Hook N UP can't wait to see new sled and bite is on over there

LA great day indeed, 3 legal swords fought to the boat, and let 1 go plus the Thresher.
    The last few days I've been out since I got ill have been remarkable
    (80lb wahoo , multiple swords, less is more??!!) :grin
    [email protected]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • johnalkijohnalki Posts: 503 Officer
    WOW ...Great job catching those fish, and the two monsters too.
  • Plane Fish nPlane Fish n Posts: 6,439 Admiral
    Good job Eric and the Team 3 B's.

Loved the thresher video.. their tails amaze me with their power and all.

Was Michael G. on board?

He usually pulls in some nice pics of the days events.

Congrats to the Funt brothers and all

Cheers

Eric
    PLANE FISH N