FWC managed dove hunts

2»

Replies

• xvigaugexvigauge Posts: 17 Greenhorn
    I have a special opportunity permit for the Tenoroc WMA dove field for November 26th. The first two reports for this filed were pretty good and the dove numbers were "excellent." The last hunt produced very few birds and the report said the dove numbers were low. I'm still going to go, it will be a nice outing with lots of fresh air, but it would also be nice to get a few shots. Anyone hunt the Tenoroc field this year? What are your thoughts?
    xvigauge
  • PinmanPinman Posts: 2,410 Captain
    Having farmers plant and manage the fields, not biologists, would be a great first step.

One problem is trying to stretch one planting in mid summer to hold birds for the entire season. Not going to work very well.
  • binellishtrbinellishtr Posts: 8,797 Admiral
    Pinman wrote: »
    Having farmers plant and manage the fields, not biologists, would be a great first step.

One problem is trying to stretch one planting in mid summer to hold birds for the entire season. Not going to work very well.

DPTAG coming to a meeting near you..
  • ChiefBubbaChiefBubba Posts: 192 Deckhand
    Pinman wrote: »

Last year the Allapattah field was talked getting help from someone that knows a thing or two about it but didn't work out. I'm not really sure why. Chief