Anyone been out this week?

I'm heading out about 30 miles from the lighthouse next Wednesday. How have the winds been with the cooler weather? Have fish started moving in yet?

Replies

• PilchardPilchard Posts: 1,373 Officer
    Have fished inshore. Small bait on the beach. Big threadfins and pilchards at the causeway.

Hope this helps.
  • whipachawwhipachaw Posts: 505 Officer
    Sloppy.

Today

East winds around 20 knots. Seas 3 to 5 feet.

Tonight

East winds around 20 knots. Seas 3 to 5 feet.

Friday

Northeast winds around 20 knots. Seas 3 to 5 feet.

Friday Night

Saturday

Saturday Night

Northeast winds around 20 knots. Seas 2 to 4 feet.

Sunday

Northeast winds around 20 knots diminishing to 10 to 15 knots in the afternoon. Seas 2 to 4 feet.

Sunday Night

Northeast winds around 15 knots. Seas 2 to 3 feet.

Monday

Northeast winds around 15 knots. Seas 2 to 4 feet.
  • stallan54stallan54 Posts: 88 Greenhorn
    Fingers crossed for next Thursday! I'm getting married next weekend and have my buddies coming in town for a big fishing day Thursday. 2-4 feet I'm good. I've never been out this time of year on my boat. Have a 23' Mako walkaround. Any opinions on what is too much for me? I've been out in 5-6's but it was a while ago and with a guy showing me the ropes, who knew what he was doing. I'm a much better captain today but anything over 4 as sole captain will be new to me. Yes, I have all safety gear.
  • lukkyracerlukkyracer Posts: 717 Officer
    4 footers in a 23 foot boat is not my idea of a good time.
    lukkyracer wrote: »
    4 footers in a 23 foot boat is not my idea of a good time.

Mine neither, but if they are 8-10 second intervals I'll just make sure my out-of-towners get some dramamine. I'm hoping for 2-3's. :fishing
    I have found that 10 to 15 is usually more than they say. I keep it to 10 knots and under and make the final call once I'm on the water. With winds out of the east and north east, it continues to get rougher as you get further from shore. Have a back up plan to troll the Edison reef or something like that.
    whipachaw wrote: »
    Have a back up plan to troll the Edison reef or something like that.

I just said that to myself. I'm no dummy with safety so that's a good idea. Any tips out at Edison? Every time I go out there I use squid on a fishfinder rig and all I get are lanes and tiny grouper. I'd like to see if I can get a goliath for some entertainment for the out of towners.
    Chum and free line in the slick for mangrove snapper. Drop big baits on big tackle for goliath grouper.