Home General Fishing

KickStarter for Ozello Shrimper

Hey everyone,

I've redesigned the Ozello Shrimper one more, hopefully final, time and launched a KickStarter campaign to get it off the ground. If you are interested in checking it out, please feel free to visit https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ozelloshrimper/ozello-shrimper

The Ozello Shrimper is an ultra-lightweight 3D printed recreational shrimping device used in grass flats and along the beaches to catch, you guessed it, shrimp! It can also be used for other small sea life.

We've been making these in different materials and technologies for the last 30 years but this is the most modern and sophisticated version yet. Slightly bigger than its metal predecessor, it now comes in black for less reflectivity at night, has more visibility through the trap and is, like its predecessor, self-assembly and easily shipped.

We're looking at mass producing these but can't do so without buyers so we decided to put together an ambitious kickstarter campaign with the reward of an Ozello Shrimper to anyone who contributes the minimum contribution.

Even if you aren't interested in donating to the cause, give it a look and let me know your feedback. We've spent considerable time putting this invention together and would love to hear from you.

Deadline is Christmas Eve. Check it out and support a good cause!

Richard
The Ozello Shrimper
Recreational Shrimping Equipment & Information

Replies

• Ozello ShrimperOzello Shrimper Posts: 70 Deckhand
    area52 wrote: »
    F the French.

Guessing you're a Trump voter. Needless to say, I can do without your contribution. And if that polarizes anyone else, you can do the same.
    The Ozello Shrimper
    GatorCity wrote: »
    With that mentality, you're destined to fail. Congratulations libtard.

I'd rather fail over principles than sell anything to someone like that. I guess that includes you too.
    The Ozello Shrimper
  • GatorCityGatorCity Posts: 311 Deckhand
    I'd rather fail over principles than sell anything to someone like that. I guess that includes you too.

and that is why you liberals are ruining america. Thank you for confirming what most of us smart people already knew. You come on here asking for free handouts for your milk crate that's supposed to catch shrimp, and when that fails (and it will) you'll be in the welfare line with the rest of the lazy succubus' complaining about how "the man" is keeping you down. Bravo,.......bravo.
    Clearly you didn't read anything on the site or you'd be better informed. I don't live in the US. I moved to France 9 years ago. And the invention you think looks like a milk crate is a long tested and fully functional device. I've been selling them for years. It's a hobby I have. So, before you speak, read a bit. It might make you a better argument.
    The Ozello Shrimper
  • tankardtankard Posts: 7,030 Admiral
    Lol. How is this working out for you, Mr. Milk Crate?

I think a castnet works just fine. Dipnet too.
    Pretty good, I'm taking it global. Castnet and dip net work fine but not in grass flats where the Ozello Shrimper excels. Different method entirely. Castnets require baitballs and deeper water, dipnet is backbreaking. Why bend over and get all mucked up when you can stay vertical and drink a beer at the same time?
    The Ozello Shrimper
  • tankardtankard Posts: 7,030 Admiral
    "Taking it Global" while begging for money.

Thanks for the laugh! Signed, Trump voter....
    tankard wrote: »
    "Taking it Global" while begging for money..

It's actually a quid pro quo. I get pre-orders for the equipment and deliver the product based on the money collected. It prevents me from needing to invest it up front. No demand, no need to produce. Simple business logic. Signed... entrepreneur.
    The Ozello Shrimper
    As I said before, F the French.

I'd ask you to explain your perspective but you'd probably not know why you have that opinion.
    The Ozello Shrimper
  • dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 9,829 Admiral

That worked out well for capt Marks chum,the failing part that is
    It's actually a quid pro quo. I get pre-orders for the equipment and deliver the product based on the money collected. It prevents me from needing to invest it up front (because the law of probability says it will most likely fail). No demand, no need to produce. Simple business logic. Signed... another lazy liberal.

FIFY.
    GatorCity wrote: »
    FIFY.

At least you're funny.
    The Ozello Shrimper
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 21,246 AG
    As I said before, F the French.

If you saw how the "locals" keep the D day memorial cemetery with all our fallen heros...you might feel differently.
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • flagoldflagold AbbevillePosts: 578 Officer
    Frankly OS - fishing is poor lately. They won't even rise for free stuff.
    Advanced Surf Rigging: https://youtu.be/-prV8UqZXIU
    Largemouth Spawning: https://youtu.be/rRoyYnkf8V4
    Daytona Rig: Any Depth Water Snag Free: https://youtu.be/eCruAntyeW4
    Rebuild Grandpa's Zebco: https://youtu.be/_4BTSEVcbQ4
    Bomb Holes, Wrecks, Reefs How To ID & GPS: https://youtu.be/b5ljdWyLR5I
    Fish Attractor That Works: https://youtu.be/ushkhZUxUWg 
    Big Sheepshead With Snails: https://youtu.be/gqE0az7WqH4
  • I wonder what Mr. Kelly would think of this:huh
    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
    I wonder what Mr. Kelly would think of this:huh
    Don and I had many long conversations on the subject of politics and the Ozello Shrimper in general before he passed. It's part of the reason we agreed to go into business together. Knowing him he would support me 100% and cheer from the bleachers! As did Bob... I do this partly as a memorial to them both. They were good friends and stood by me through good and bad times. Both excellent men.
    The Ozello Shrimper
  • GatoRellaGatoRella Posts: 521 Officer
    Is alienating your customer base part of your business model?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nicknick Crystal RiverPosts: 5,019 Admiral
    GatoRella wrote: »

You didn't cover that in business class 101?

:rotflmao
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 10,455 AG

Stupid people make a sorry customer base.
    I don't think he's worried.
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 12,228 AG
    Dip net works great at least in Ozello from prolly 1965 up till 1998 when FWC banned commercial and rec shrimping inside the 62910 in Citrus county...
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • Jack HexterJack Hexter New Port RicheyPosts: 5,219 Moderator

I don't think he was alienating anyone, he is the one being bashed and taunted and just responding, IMHO, very civilly.
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,090 AG
    Well, this one didn't go as planned....
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 21,246 AG

Indeed....
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • fishdishfishdish Posts: 1,223 Officer
    Interesting product but doesn't seem worth the price. It looks like it will definitely increase your catch rate but unless you are doing this stuff on a regular basis I couldn't see buying one and would stick with the multitasking dip net. Video definitely needs professional help. If you send me one to test I'd be more than happy to send more feedback........
  • lbudlbud Posts: 1,014 Officer
    Hey everyone,

I've redesigned the Ozello Shrimper one more, hopefully final, time and launched a KickStarter campaign to get it off the ground. If you are interested in checking it out, please feel free to visit https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ozelloshrimper/ozello-shrimper

The Ozello Shrimper is an ultra-lightweight 3D printed recreational shrimping device used in grass flats and along the beaches to catch, you guessed it, shrimp! It can also be used for other small sea life.

We've been making these in different materials and technologies for the last 30 years but this is the most modern and sophisticated version yet. Slightly bigger than its metal predecessor, it now comes in black for less reflectivity at night, has more visibility through the trap and is, like its predecessor, self-assembly and easily shipped.

We're looking at mass producing these but can't do so without buyers so we decided to put together an ambitious kickstarter campaign with the reward of an Ozello Shrimper to anyone who contributes the minimum contribution.

Even if you aren't interested in donating to the cause, give it a look and let me know your feedback. We've spent considerable time putting this invention together and would love to hear from you.

Deadline is Christmas Eve. Check it out and support a good cause!

Richard

Didn't watch your video, Just read some comments. Too bad Sears ain't real active anymore.. If You truly have a better mouse trap They'd produce it and then steal it from you..
    Live while You're breathing! It's Your only chance.....:grin
  • dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 9,829 Admiral

It works for tRump, just look at tRump U
  • grady30wagrady30wa Posts: 10,161 AG
    There's a politics section for you guys to post this stuff in! Keep it off general fishing!
    Schadenfreude. November 8, 2016
    grady30wa wrote: »
    There's a politics section for you guys to post this stuff in! Keep it off general fishing!

Actually, no there isn't. An angry mod took that ball and ran home with it so nobody can play now.
  • waldnerrwaldnerr Posts: 1,040 Officer
    I'm very supportive of anyone trying to introduce a new product in an entrepreneurial manner, but I do have some qualms regarding this particular item. Your KickStarter begins by stating, "Want to catch shrimp and don't have a boat or the budget for store-bought seafood? Don't want to bend over, touch them or get your hands dirty?" Firstly, someone who wants shrimp for bait merely needs to go to a bait shop; someone wanting shrimp for food can visit a local grocery store. Shrimp bought for either purpose will be much less expensive than your start-up cost. Most individuals likely won't want to go to the trouble or expense of 1) catching the shrimp at night, or 2) purchasing a headlamp to accompany the Ozello Shrimper. If they don't want to touch shrimp, they surely won't want to go wading at night. If they're using the shrimp for bait or food, they'll still have to touch their catch. In short, I'm not certain that there's a viable market for your product. This is meant to be helpful input, but I just don't see a niche for the Ozello Shrimper. It's expensive and labor-intensive, and won't be nearly as efficient as using a beach seine, dip net, etc., in many instances. Still, I wish you luck in your endeavor.