Fishing Cape Coral 11/10

Heading do to visit mom and plan on fishing one day on 11/10. What fish will be around this time of year? Probably fishing out of Burnt store marina. Thanks

Replies

• whipachawwhipachaw Posts: 505 Officer
    Maybe some baby tarpon rolling in the morning in the canals there. If it continues to cool off, trout will move into the canals. Theres always some snook and jack around too.
  • seadooman78seadooman78 Posts: 18 Greenhorn
    Would there be any redfish this time of year? Thanks
  • whipachawwhipachaw Posts: 505 Officer
    There's always reds around. If you have boat access, fish the shallows on low tide and under the mangroves at high tide.
  • seadooman78seadooman78 Posts: 18 Greenhorn
    Thanks. I'm bringing my boat down with me before my move to Cape Coral in December. Can't wait to escape the cold winters up north. Thanks again.
  • nhkevnhkev Posts: 44 Greenhorn
    I was out fishing northwest side of Bokeelia last week. Caught cero mackeral, lizardfish, sail cats, catfish, spotted seatrout, ladyfish, lots of mangrove snapper, a couple other varieties of snapper, lots of sharks, rays, pinfish, puffer fish, small crevalle jacks. got action on every cast fishing with live shrimp, went through 5 dozen in 2 hours.
  • TylerTheTrout2TylerTheTrout2 Posts: 7 Greenhorn
    Hey Seadoo,

Check out the big sand bar on the East wall of Charlotte Harbor (Just south of Burnt Store) you can find it on google earth...I'd work the outside of it first with your boat then get out and wade and cast toward the mangroves...you can do good there on all species esp. trout and reds...have pulled some nice snook out of there too. Just look on google earth...cant miss it!! Good Luck
  • movingtoFLmovingtoFL Posts: 83 Deckhand
    Hey Seadoo,

Check out the big sand bar on the East wall of Charlotte Harbor (Just south of Burnt Store) you can find it on google earth...I'd work the outside of it first with your boat then get out and wade and cast toward the mangroves...you can do good there on all species esp. trout and reds...have pulled some nice snook out of there too. Just look on google earth...cant miss it!! Good Luck

You won't have to look for it on Google Earth, there will likely be about 30 other boats there.