Homosassa 10-15 Trout and Reds

Fished with a good friend, his son and his dad (my pops) on Saturday. Hit the water around 9am, launched at Riverhaven and we were on our way! :banana

Left the mouth of the river with an outgoing tide. Decided to make a quick stop at one of the islands to the south of the channel to check for a quick red before heading out for trout. Put out the lines and boom, Red #1 in the box. :fishing Hung out for a few more minutes and headed out to get some trout.

Set up drifting for trout south of the channel. Made several drifts catching trout on each pass. Stopped counting at 25 trout with 11 keepers in the box. Caught allot of shorts so the future trout nursery looks healthy. :thumbsup

Wind shifted directions along with the tide so headed in to try for a few more reds. Got 2 more keeper reds in the box with one being my friends son’s first redfish. Needless to say he is hooked! :grin

Trout seemed to be holding over mixed bottom in 3’ to 4’ depths with mixed potholes. The reds holding near islands with rock structure with drop-offs with tall what I call mud weeds.???

Great day on the water with good friends and sent them home with some groceries for their families! :):thumbsup

Replies