SWFL Fishing Club

Hey guys,

Forum member Capt Dan Medina and I are planning to start a fishing club for the Collier, Lee, and Charlotte county area in January. We plan to make the club family friendly and geared towards offshore fishing, but we will also include inshore and diving as well. We are looking to create a club where guys and gals with/without boats can meet up and participate. Monthly meetings will include presentations from local captains/businesses regarding catching target species or providing tips. We'd like to host 3 club tourneys a year in spring, summer, and fall which will be held in each of the counties and target the different species. We'll also plan social outings on and off the water perhaps raft ups at some local beaches, etc.

Hopefully some of you are interested in joining and will come to the first meeting planned for January. We've created a Facebook page under SWFL Fishing Club for those of you on FB. If you're not on FB, I'll make sure to keep the thread up to date. Hope to see you guys on the water and at the meetings!

Replies

• rastbryantrastbryant Posts: 4 Greenhorn
    Added you on FB. If you need extra hands, I'd love to help out.
  • LiquidAsset337LiquidAsset337 Posts: 227 Officer
    You're welcome to help out Rast. Contacted you via Facebook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hey guys,

Finally have some info worth bumping this back to the top. We have finally secured one of our biggest obstacles: a meeting space.

The first meeting will be Thursday, January 12th, at Bass Pro Shops in Gulf Coast Town Center off exit 128 on I-75. We will be meeting from 7-9 pm in the administration room upstairs on the 2nd floor. We should have signs posted in the store to guide you to the room as it's next to the gun rack.

Our first meeting will be simple: introductions, establish our purpose/objective, create a board of members responsible for planning, and cover other essential duties. We are hoping to have a great crowd of anglers make it out so we can get this party started. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. Website/email should be up shortly before we take a holiday break.

Hope to see you all there!
  • DarcyDarcy Posts: 1,711 Captain
    Good job guys. Hope I can make it.
    https://www.facebook.com/Swflfishingclub/
    :cool:
    "No i'm NOT Darcizzle!":blowkiss

https://captainsforcleanwater.org
    Hope to see you there Darcy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Amurleopard1967Amurleopard1967 Posts: 267 Deckhand
    Sounds interesting I hope to be there.
  • Beak BoaterBeak Boater Posts: 29 Greenhorn
    Ill mark it on my calendar.
  • chalmerspchalmersp Posts: 265 Deckhand
    Hope to make it!
    Is this still on for tomorrow?
  • DarcyDarcy Posts: 1,711 Captain
    Yes. Still on for tomorrow night.
    "No i'm NOT Darcizzle!":blowkiss

https://captainsforcleanwater.org
  • Capt Dan MedinaCapt Dan Medina Posts: 716 Officer
    we have high hopes and expectations for the new club. Look forward to seeing everyone there tonight. 7pm Bass Pro in Ft Myers. Will be in the meeting room on second floor over in hunting/gun section.
    www.SaltyFishingCharters.com 33 Ft World Cat Tournament Edition Catamaran
    Offshore Fishing Charters FT Myers, Sanibel, Captiva, Cape Coral
  • Capt Dan MedinaCapt Dan Medina Posts: 716 Officer
    Hey guys, want to thank everyone who showed up tonight at the meeting. We had a great turnout and I can see great things for the future. Got to put a face to some new FS members and great seeing some old friends. LarryWItt, I will be calling you inhe next few days to run a few things by you.
    www.SaltyFishingCharters.com 33 Ft World Cat Tournament Edition Catamaran
    Offshore Fishing Charters FT Myers, Sanibel, Captiva, Cape Coral
    It was nice meeting everyone and I look forward
    To fishing with some new anglers.