Cudjoe Permit!

Ever spent a whole week trying to catch one fish?:huh Well that's what happened last week in the Keys. My plan was to try and help the wife catch her first permit along with a couple of days fishing alone chasing bones and permit on fly. Well as y'all know Hurricane Matthew was down south brewing up a head of steam which did cause some windy days, but overall the weather was nice around the lower Keys. After three solid days of poling her around all over the Keys from Marathon to Cudjoe all we had to show for our efforts but a sunburn and some empty beer bottles. Well all the stars lined up on Wednesday and we finally had a permit actually eat a live crab!! The fish fought hard for 15-20min and finally it turned over on it side near the boat and finally gave up! Check that off the bucket list honey!! :grin I spent half a windy day on Thursday afternoon and all day on Friday chasing permit by myself running the trolling motor & staking out on know routs with very little success. Of course permit being permit, I only had one fish really look at my fly with promise before high tailing it to Cuba! :banghead Such is fly fishing!! :willynilly
2006 2200V PATHFINDER / VMAX HPDI 200HP :USA
2012 MAVERICK 18-HPX / YAMAHA F115
2001 HELLS BAY WATERMAN / 25 MERC - SOLD
2014 BEAVERTAIL ELITE / YAMAHA F70 -SOLD

Replies