Home Photography Corner

What a difference 24 hours makes

ChuckcChuckc Posts: 4,397 Captain
Clear skies and dead calm winds here tonight.

Replies

• FlashFlash Posts: 11,454 AG
    Equipment?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • ChuckcChuckc Posts: 4,397 Captain
    The usual. D7000 body with Nikkor 200-500 VR handheld shot at f/5.6 1/100 ISO 320.

That lens is big, heavy and a somewhat expensive but the stabilization is incredible.
    Dang good at 1/100th of a second.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
    I had reservations about spending $1,400 for a lens but I think it may be the bargain in the Nikkor lineup.
    I'd have to be able to sell another Camaro unfortunately I do not have one. :grin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here's how I justified it to myself. The lens will carry significant residual value if taken care of. So, it's not like you are throwing $1400 away, just the difference between what you paid and what you can sell it for. If it gets stolen that changes the equation at bit.
  • lbudlbud Posts: 1,014 Officer
    Nice shot, Here's My version with same lens and D7100 F/6.3 iso 100 1/500
    _LEB5912%20copy_zpspjtqxqn3.jpg
    Live while You're breathing! It's Your only chance.....:grin
    lbud wrote: »
    Nice shot, Here's My version with same lens and D7100 F/6.3 iso 100 1/500
    _LEB5912%20copy_zpspjtqxqn3.jpg

Well done, Sir.