10/2 offshore

Had a group of six join me today offshore for a day of fun. Day started off great with a ride out thru redfish pass, picking up a well full of threadfins to take with us to the grouper grounds. All weather called for less than 2 ft, which was off by a good foot and a 1/2 . the ride out was in sloppy 3.5s. We ran out to 95 ft. First bait down, John gets a decent keeper grouper. Next, Adam boxes a decent Lane snapper. Figured the day was going to be stellar. Well, 4 of the 6 guys start feeling sick. A few decided to chum. They didn't take any seasick medicine... All that took their seasick meds or had a patch did just fine....

A few short grouper cane over the rail, then Adam nails a toad of a fish. Big, fat and healthy. Ricardo followed up with a solid RG.
IMG_11291.jpg

IMG_11361.jpg

For some reason, out deep the snapper just werent cooperating. Most likely due to the sharks (we had numerous clean cutoffs). We did see a couple smaller kings, and had one hooked up then ran around the back of the boat and broke off. We also had a small blacktip shark we caught and released, as well as had a small cobia on that also broke off the angler as it ran down around the motors.

With a crew of guys who weren't feeling great, we started running back. I came across a show i couldnt turn down and we dropped down one line. Grouper, but short at around 19 inches. At this point everyone drops in a line and everyone continues getting hooked up. We added another solid grouper to the fish box along with some lane snapper and large key west grunts.
Our youngest passenger was a 6 year old who did excellent on his first fishing trip. He didn't feel sick or complain all day. Quite the trooper! He caught his first fish and many more after that. The grin on his face was awesome.
Hopefully weather will hurry up and get better, and Hurricane Matthew stays well away from FL and the US.

Tight Lines guys!
www.SaltyFishingCharters.com 33 Ft World Cat Tournament Edition Catamaran
Offshore Fishing Charters FT Myers, Sanibel, Captiva, Cape Coral

Replies

• whipachawwhipachaw Posts: 505 Officer
    Thanks for the report. Hoping sunday the winds are down to get out there myself
  • chicochico Punta Gorda and PennsylvaniaPosts: 530 Officer
    Some nice fat reds!!