Skip to main content
Home Big Bend General Fishing & The Outdoors

Got the arrow(s) back .

capt louiecapt louie Moderatorcitrus countyPosts: 10,875 Moderator
Back in town after an extended hunt up to the steamy northern reaches of Missouri. Yes , steamy.. :huh

All I can say is despite the heat wave and the long drive it was a blast ! Can't believe Ruff One was able to put up with me for that long. :grin We seen really nice bucks on the game cams but getting them near enough to shoot at during daylight was tough. Had a chance to fill a doe tag but wanted to wait.

Ruff had a bobcat he wanted for a mount slip in, but only gave it a slight "shave". :cool: Thank's to Lumenock the arrow was retrieved. Next arrow that went missing was flung at a gobbler during the same sit. Gobbler was lucky and that arrow went back in the quiver. :banghead

That night Ruff, the huntmaster, formulated a plan ! We would slip in up a hidden trail before daylight and wait for the deer to leave the food plots. Possibly offering us a shot as they headed for bedding areas.

At 6.45 one crossed past Ruff One out of range headed my way. Eased past me at 14 yards and stole my arrow.
After some discussion and a trip to get the buggy we got that arrow back. :cool:

It was very healthy and to me it was a real trophy but not so much for that area. There are some true giants in these parts. :hairraiser No lie..

Lots of work but we got it to the processor. Now I'm tagged out with bucks leaving only a doe tag and a turkey tag.

Next day I lose another arrow. Found it and also found the reason it was lost.

Yay !! My first bow buck AND turkey. :dance I'm tagged out and with the size of the buck have no reason to consider filling the doe tag. Mr. Ruff One helped me achieve a goal that has escaped me for a long time and I can't express enough how much I appreciate it. :USA You da man !

We caught fish from the pond including some decent crappie no one knew were even in there. Did some rat hunting in the garage and looks like we got that nipped in the bud after trapping 6 large and one small one . Also installed the first "buck rubbing post" and are excited to see if it works. I believe it will.. :cool:

Now back to fishing until muzzle load season starts here.

capt louie
"You'll get your weather"

Replies