Home Big Bend General Fishing & The Outdoors

Looking For A Crew

Hi, I'm new to the forum but have been tutoring here for better than a year. Live in Homosassa looking for a couple of guys to fish with regularly. I have a small (20 ft.) offshore boat that has taken me out to 60 feet or so. A friend passed along a bunch of numbers that have produced well on about twenty trips out to 50 feet. I've fished from the Homosassa River to the Barge Canal and over to Seahorse. Looking to explore deeper water and possibly some overnight snapper fishing. Looking for seasoned guys and help with expenses and cleanup. The boat is a 2016 Pioneer 197 Sportfish with a Gen 2 Lowrance 7 Touch. Also have a Ditch Bag with new safety equipment including Epirb, Handheld VHF, Flares ect...That's my spiel. If interested, PM or call me at 775-224-6739

Thanks,

ALV

Read more: http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?227937-Need-A-Crew-Want-To-Fish#ixzz4LYgLX6x0

Replies

• livebaitlivebait Posts: 793 Officer
    Pretty rig,sir
  • HambweldHambweld Posts: 218 Deckhand
    I go down to crystal river quite a bit, but 15 miles is as far out as I go. (Trolling for gags) I tend to keep feeding my snook addiction when I go down there. If you want I'll look you up next time I'm solo down there. All artificial light tackle is what I do.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
  • ALVALV Posts: 117 Deckhand
    I could use some help with the snook fishery here. When I was a kid, my brother and I had that addiction for better than a decade out of Miami. I also troll artificials for grouper and like to slow troll (1 mph) with live bait. Thanks for the response and maybe we could target both on the same day ? I'll be back in Homosassa in a little over a week. Just in time for Fall nearshore grouper. Caught this guy on a Rapala Mag 30' green mackerel in 28 feet of water. There was a "school" of his buddies checking out all the hullabaloo. Went back around and picked up 2 more on 2 more passes. Had 4 lines out and they would only hit the mackerel. Next time out, would only touch the red/white....ya never know...?
  • HambweldHambweld Posts: 218 Deckhand
    I've been want to hit the sassa area, just don't know where all the rocks are. I'll message you next time I'm down. I have a glasstream 23'bay. Floats 11in.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
  • ALVALV Posts: 117 Deckhand