West End Wahoo help

scrambled cj 8scrambled cj 8 Posts: 6 Greenhorn
I am an avid wahoo fisherman from Northeast Florida and we are putting together a group of guys to do a trip around the end of November/Early December to West End. Have fished in the Abacos all my life, but never Grand Bahama.

I know several forum members make these trips regularly, and am looking for some tips and pointers for wahoo fishing out of west end, will be fishing a 36' center console and staying at Old Bahama Bay. Just dont want to be chasing our tail with $6 gallon for fuel.

I am not out here looking for a freebie. Let me know if we can work out a deal for tips, gps coords, etc. over on the east side of the stream. Of course freebies will be gladly accepted and I will help you out with whatever I can to repay for the help!

[email protected] is the best way to reach me.

Appreciate any local guidance any of you avid forum followers can provide.

Thanks!!

Replies

• AlwaysOnTopAlwaysOnTop Posts: 210 Officer
    Run 19 miles north of the hotel to memory rock. from there zig zag your way north on the edge up to white sands which is another 15 miles north. Then work your way back south make sure you fish the tide changes. Good luck
  • snookpigsnookpig Posts: 30 Greenhorn
    Thats exactly right. come around the corner at white sands some to east.
  • I go every year from Jacksonville and stay at Blue Marlin Cove as of late. You want to fish the out going tides from Blue Marlin all the way to the corner to the north. 150-500 feet has been best for me. My best trip was 17 fish in 4 hours between OBB and Blue Marlin. However, if they are not there get drunk and deep drop.:beer Are you going with Henry Taylor?