Home Politics

Taxation is slavery

Big BatteryBig Battery Posts: 20,592 AG
Taxation is thought to be indispensable to civilization today, just as slavery once was. Advocates of taxation claim that since most people pay assigned taxes before the guns show up, they have implicitly agreed to it as the price of living in "society." Most slaves obeyed their master before he got out the whip, yet we would hardly argue that this constituted agreement to their servitude. Today, we have an enlightened perspective on slavery, just as one day we will have an enlightened perspective on taxes and other forms of aggression we now think of as "the only way." ~ Dr. Mary Ruwart

SsSxlZG.jpg
«1

Replies

  • DBRYANDBRYAN Posts: 4,415 Captain
    Interesting thought

    So how do you pay for

    emergency services (police, fire)
    infrastructure (water, roads, bridges)

    I could go on.
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,747 AG
    DBRYAN wrote: »
    Interesting thought

    So how do you pay for

    emergency services (police, fire)
    infrastructure (water, roads, bridges)

    I could go on.

    Mary would prefer you police yourself and like Romney's self-deportation idea, turn yourself into the authorities if you commit a violation.

    Mary knows a lot about human nature.
    Vote for the other candidate
  • rickcrickc Posts: 9,172 Admiral
    No roads

    No electrical distribution system

    No sewer or water

    No schools

    No police or fire protection

    No rules for industry or commerce

    List goes on

    America was once like this

    Obviously it didn’t work too well because soon after the war of taxation without representation our new government had to fund itself.
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 12,508 AG
    Some taxation is required. I'd argue it should be a fraction of what it is right now.

    One of the worst things that has happened is the was payroll taxes and withholdings back in 1943. In its most basic sense it allows the government to tax without scrutiny.

    Captain Todd Approves

  • brentsumbrentsum Posts: 1,618 Captain
    rickc wrote: »
    No roads

    No electrical distribution system

    No sewer or water

    No schools

    No police or fire protection

    No rules for industry or commerce

    List goes on

    America was once like this

    Obviously it didn’t work too well because soon after the war of taxation without representation our new government had to fund itself.


    Anarchy and chaos, a price will be paid - one way or another.
  • jackobeetsjackobeets Posts: 82 Deckhand
    Slavery is slavery. The arrangement between master and slave is unilateral. The arrangement between you and our taxing government is bilateral. You can bounce if you don't like it.
  • fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,487 AG
    Our founding fathers never meant for us to be taxed and overburdened by a huge and oppressive federal government.

    Military
    Basic national infrastructure
    Minimal regulations
    Offensive trade oversight and promotion


    Nothing else should come from the federal government.
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
  • phlatsphilphlatsphil Posts: 14,632 AG
    mplspug wrote: »
    Some taxation is required. I'd argue it should be a fraction of what it is right now.

    Please list the services "you", i.e. our society, are willing to give up. We don't collect enough now to pay for the services that "we" want. And it's all of "us" that wants 'em. They (the services) don't just pop up out of nowhere without someone or some group wanting them.
  • phlatsphilphlatsphil Posts: 14,632 AG
    fins4me wrote: »
    Nothing else should come from the federal government.

    State's rights creates chaos. This country is too small from transportation, communications and technology for state's rights to be effective, and applied "fairly" to all Americans. One single entity must either monitor how laws are being applied or make the laws that apply to everyone.
  • fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,487 AG
    phlatsphil wrote: »
    Please list the services "you", i.e. our society, are willing to give up. We don't collect enough now to pay for the services that "we" want. And it's all of "us" that wants 'em. They (the services) don't just pop up out of nowhere without someone or some group wanting them.

    NO,,, IT IS NOT ALL OF US!!!
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
  • phlatsphilphlatsphil Posts: 14,632 AG
    fins4me wrote: »
    NO,,, IT IS NOT ALL OF US!!!

    Sure it is. You want some "things", others want some "things". You may not like what others want, they may not like what you want. But all of us want something from the federal government. Open your mind.
  • fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,487 AG
    phlatsphil wrote: »
    Sure it is. You want some "things", others want some "things". You may not like what others want, they may not like what you want. But all of us want something from the federal government. Open your mind.

    The less that comes from the federal ****hole the better the productive citizens of this nation would be.
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
  • gregglgreggl Posts: 21,594 Officer
    don't forget VFX, animation and movies!
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 12,508 AG
    phlatsphil wrote: »
    Please list the services "you", i.e. our society, are willing to give up. We don't collect enough now to pay for the services that "we" want. And it's all of "us" that wants 'em. They (the services) don't just pop up out of nowhere without someone or some group wanting them.

    You really want a list? :blowkiss

    I appreciate you making the distinction between wants and needs. The debt and deficit are a symptom of the problem. Too many people with too many wants and too many willing to appease them.

    And of course the other problem. Lots of people with wants who don't pay into the system by choice.

    Captain Todd Approves

  • Finger MulletFinger Mullet Posts: 3,852 Officer
    Us humans have had taxation of some sort ever since we started living in groups, be it a tribe, empire, republic, whatever. Shoot way back men hunted and women farmed and we shared, thats taxation too. Just think like Jesus and give back to Cesar what is his. It's not like it is your picture on our currency.
  • MGTeacherMGTeacher South GaPosts: 1,800 Captain
    mplspug wrote: »
    And of course the other problem. Lots of people with wants who don't pay into the system by choice.

    Very True.
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,747 AG
    mplspug wrote: »

    And of course the other problem. Lots of people with wants who don't pay into the system by choice.

    Donald Trump....
    Vote for the other candidate
  • roto7777roto7777 Posts: 2,545 Captain
    phlatsphil wrote: »
    Please list the services "you", i.e. our society, are willing to give up. We don't collect enough now to pay for the services that "we" want. And it's all of "us" that wants 'em. They (the services) don't just pop up out of nowhere without someone or some group wanting them.

    I could do without welfare....leave it to the church like it was intended
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,999 Admiral
    we need to start by having balanced budgets
  • gregglgreggl Posts: 21,594 Officer
    roto7777 wrote: »
    I could do without welfare....leave it to the church like it was intended

    The Roman bread economy proves you wrong.

    And we're swinging back to systems which will look more 'roman'.
  • rickcrickc Posts: 9,172 Admiral
    Finfinder wrote: »
    we need to start by having balanced budgets

    So who running for office Congress or President has a plan to balance the budget?
  • fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,487 AG
    rickc wrote: »
    So who running for office Congress or President has a plan to balance the budget?

    For the most part few if any. They are traitorous cowards and lack the guts to face the problem.
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
  • rain dograin dog Posts: 3,245 Captain
    the whole obamacare shenanigan was enabled by calling it a tax.
  • Keep on SpoolinKeep on Spoolin Posts: 1,361 Officer
    mplspug wrote: »
    Some taxation is required. I'd argue it should be a fraction of what it is right now.

    One of the worst things that has happened is the was payroll taxes and withholdings back in 1943. In its most basic sense it allows the government to tax without scrutiny.

    Completely agree.
  • DancinGeneDancinGene Posts: 1,760 Captain
    fins4me wrote: »
    The less that comes from the federal ****hole the better the productive citizens of this nation would be.

    People down in your neck of the woods would still be in the stone age without the Fed's involvement.
  • gregglgreggl Posts: 21,594 Officer
    tax money fuels the labor dumping industry incentives which violate all of our trade agreements.

    set me free.
  • vonnick52vonnick52 Posts: 109 Deckhand
    greggl wrote: »
    tax money fuels the labor dumping industry incentives which violate all of our trade agreements.

    set me free.

    You could just get a job
  • gregglgreggl Posts: 21,594 Officer
    vonnick52 wrote: »
    You could just get a job

    if we go with the OP, im an escaped slave
  • fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,487 AG
    DancinGene wrote: »
    People down in your neck of the woods would still be in the stone age without the Fed's involvement.

    No we wouldnt and it is stupid to even say that.



    Not unexpected though. Maybe you and greggl should get a room and watch old TVA videos.
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
  • gregglgreggl Posts: 21,594 Officer
    fins4me wrote: »
    watch old TVA videos.

    you haven't?
Sign In or Register to comment.