Home Politics

JFK and our flag

2»

Replies

• Gary S. ColecchioGary S. Colecchio Posts: 24,922 AG
    cadman wrote: »
    What is called the Confederate flag, this flag:

Never flew over any nation ever.

It flew over CBS carport ranchettes and pickup trucks that I can tell.

Oh, yeah and behind a few southern rock bands as well.:wink
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • CageyCagey Central FloridaPosts: 917 Officer
    Oh, yeah and behind a few southern rock bands as well.:wink

:dance

Never flew over any nation ever. It was a battle flag that racist groups took up as their symbol of southern, racist, segregation pride.

This is my exact quote:

"The Confederate flag flew over a slave nation from 1861 to 1865. 4, maybe 5 years total."

What I said was the truth, but I did NOT specifically say which flag that was. You have made an assumption I was talking about a specific flag...

Here are some of the Confederate flags:

579b5e8f85026c93f0f9add14fbdd672.jpg
    Here is my favorite "Confederate" flag, the state of Florida flag of secession!

flflag.jpg

And, Florida's Signed Ordinance of Secession:

secession.jpg
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,752 AG
    I can't imagine why this flag is recurring topic here?
    Vote for the other candidate
  • Grouper GeniusGrouper Genius Posts: 1,482 Officer

Never flew over any nation ever. It was a battle flag that racist groups took up as their symbol of southern, racist, segregation pride.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confederate_States_of_America
    2400 CC Sea Chaser-Yamaha F250-Bad **** Tower (SOLD)
    Grady White 306 Bimini 300 Suzukis
    Hurricane 246 FunDeck
  • Grouper GeniusGrouper Genius Posts: 1,482 Officer
    C'mon fellers, Ifn were gonna do some proper lynchin we got to get the flag right.
    2400 CC Sea Chaser-Yamaha F250-Bad **** Tower (SOLD)
    Grady White 306 Bimini 300 Suzukis
    Hurricane 246 FunDeck
  • ParkerboyParkerboy Posts: 7,048 Admiral
    frank wrote: »
    Can you see the mocking glance he is giving the losers'flag?

You assign a "look" from a profile shot, how perceptive of you. Your Cultural Marxism is showing, you need to pull your skirt down.
    Deo Vindice

This flag was a battle flag, specifically the Battle Flag of Northern Virginia
    Deo Vindice
    Parkerboy wrote: »
    This flag was a battle flag, specifically the Battle Flag of Northern Virginia

:grin

It's the naval jack, Jack.

Its also the pick'em up truck jack.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • frankfrank Posts: 13,292 AG
    And the losers' flag

And that's a fact jack
    Are you aware the CSA never surrendered and many of us never will. With the Cultural Marxism taking place here it proves the South was right.
    Deo Vindice
  • roto7777roto7777 Posts: 2,545 Captain
    Cagey wrote: »
    It looks like JFK just arrived in the South and that person is unrolling the flag soon to be mounted on JFK's car to communicate to Southerners he is among us as a 'friendly' yankee:

"South Carolina Governor Ernest “Fritz” Hollings presents President John F. Kennedy with a Confederate flag (1961)

And JFK was not the only one...

clinton_gore1.png

button-jpg.27454

Screen-Shot-2015-06-22-at-10.58.39-PM.png

Stop pointing out liberal hypocrisy!!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    :grin

It's the naval jack, Jack.

Its also the pick'em up truck jack.

The naval Jack had much lighter blue the The Army of Northern Virginia Battle Flag. The flag seen most commonly is not the Naval Jack.

The Army of Northern Virginia battle flag was square, of various sizes for the different branches of the service: 52 inches (130 cm) square for the infantry, 38 inches (97 cm) for the artillery, and 32 inches (81 cm) for the cavalry. Its design was derived from the previous Naval Jack of the Confederacy, which was rectangular. It was used in battle beginning in December 1861 until the fall of the Confederacy. The blue on the saltire in the battle flag was navy blue, as opposed to the much lighter blue of the Naval Jack.

This flag was used by the soldiers of the Army as the de facto official flag was too similar to the Union's flag. To avoid confusion on the battlefield, this flag was used consistently by almost the entire army.

The flag's stars represented the number of states in the Confederacy. The distance between the stars decreased as the number of states increased, reaching thirteen when the secessionist factions of Kentucky and Missouri joined in late 1861.[26]

The Battle Flag of the Army of Northern Virginia.
    At the First Battle of Manassas, near Manassas, Virginia, the similarity between the "Stars
    Deo Vindice
  • gregglgreggl Posts: 21,594 Officer
    Are you aware the CSA never surrendered and many of us never will. With the Cultural Marxism taking place here it proves the South was right.

I'm thinking of starting an 80's coke fiend re-enactment group.
  • frankfrank Posts: 13,292 AG

they may not have surrendered, but they sure as snot didn't win

:Spittingcoffee

I especially like the story of Davis trying to escape capture by dressing as an old woman.
    The naval Jack had much lighter blue the The Army of Northern Virginia Battle Flag.

:Spittingcoffee:Spittingcoffee

It was lighter blue? :rotflmao

• ScoutboatScoutboat Posts: 2,444 Captain
    What say you liberals?

You don't need to be attached to any political party to honor the dead Confederate Soldiers.
    Jim
  • MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 AG
    Scoutboat wrote: »
    You don't need to be attached to any political party to honor the dead Confederate Soldiers.
    Jim

You don't need any flag to do that either.
    Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 32,652 AG

Why did you post the reference. It agrees with what I said.

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

Cagey wrote: »
    This is my exact quote:

"The Confederate flag flew over a slave nation from 1861 to 1865. 4, maybe 5 years total."

What I said was the truth, but I did NOT specifically say which flag that was. You have made an assumption I was talking about a specific flag...

Here are some of the Confederate flags:

579b5e8f85026c93f0f9add14fbdd672.jpg

Since the topic was about a certain flag, the natural assumption is you were speaking of that flag, but you can backpedal away from it if you wish.

Mini Mart Magnate

The naval Jack had much lighter blue the The Army of Northern Virginia Battle Flag. The flag seen most commonly is not the Naval Jack.

The Army of Northern Virginia battle flag was square, of various sizes for the different branches of the service: 52 inches (130 cm) square for the infantry, 38 inches (97 cm) for the artillery, and 32 inches (81 cm) for the cavalry. Its design was derived from the previous Naval Jack of the Confederacy, which was rectangular. It was used in battle beginning in December 1861 until the fall of the Confederacy. The blue on the saltire in the battle flag was navy blue, as opposed to the much lighter blue of the Naval Jack.

This flag was used by the soldiers of the Army as the de facto official flag was too similar to the Union's flag. To avoid confusion on the battlefield, this flag was used consistently by almost the entire army.

The flag's stars represented the number of states in the Confederacy. The distance between the stars decreased as the number of states increased, reaching thirteen when the secessionist factions of Kentucky and Missouri joined in late 1861.[26]

The Battle Flag of the Army of Northern Virginia.
    At the First Battle of Manassas, near Manassas, Virginia, the similarity between the "Stars

The flag most copied for modern use is a close copy of the battle flag of the Army of Tennessee. There were several variants of the battle flag.

Mini Mart Magnate

• vonnick52vonnick52 Posts: 109 Deckhand
    greggl wrote: »
    I'm thinking of starting an 80's coke fiend re-enactment group.

Where can I sign up?

I feel like I missed out being born in 87.
  • DancinGeneDancinGene Posts: 1,760 Captain