Home Politics

JFK and our flag

ParkerboyParkerboy Posts: 7,048 Admiral
What say you liberals?
Deo Vindice

Replies

• gregglgreggl Posts: 21,594 Officer
    http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016-08-08/civil-war-vets-pension-still-remains-on-governments-payroll-151-years-after-last-shot-fired

U.S. Still Paying a Civil War Pension
    A North Carolina woman is the daughter of a Civil War veteran, and still collects his benefits.

Can you at least wait until the first one is completely paid off?
  • MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 AG
    That's a Yankee president isn't it?

Catholic too.

Imagine that. If he had lived in the South they would probably have burned crosses in his yard.
    Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.
  • Big BatteryBig Battery Posts: 20,592 AG
    Menzies wrote: »

Catholic too.

Imagine that. If he had lived in the South they would probably have burned crosses in his yard.
    Quite possibly since he was a democrat.
  • ParkerboyParkerboy Posts: 7,048 Admiral
    The South was firmly and solidly Democrat when JFK was elected. When I was eligible to vote at age 18 in GA whomever won the democratic primary was the office holder in local and state elections as there were NO republican candidates. The Republican party only rose to power when the Democratic party turned its back on conservative ideals.

The Republican party had been the party of Lincoln, Reconstruction, Carpetbaggers, and Scallywags.
    Deo Vindice
  • dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 9,264 Admiral
    Is he holding the flag or just looking at it?
  • Grouper GeniusGrouper Genius Posts: 1,482 Officer

Catholic too.

You obviously have no clue do you?
    2400 CC Sea Chaser-Yamaha F250-Bad **** Tower (SOLD)
    Grady White 306 Bimini 300 Suzukis
    Hurricane 246 FunDeck
    Is he holding the flag or just looking at it?

It looks like he had just asked for it to be snapped in half.
  • CageyCagey Central FloridaPosts: 917 Officer
    It looks like JFK just arrived in the South and that person is unrolling the flag soon to be mounted on JFK's car to communicate to Southerners he is among us as a 'friendly' yankee:

"South Carolina Governor Ernest “Fritz” Hollings presents President John F. Kennedy with a Confederate flag (1961)

And JFK was not the only one...

clinton_gore1.png

button-jpg.27454

Screen-Shot-2015-06-22-at-10.58.39-PM.png
    JFK and our flag

What say I?

Here is my flag.

memorial-day-2013-remember.jpg
  • rain dograin dog Posts: 3,245 Captain
    JFK would be considered conservative today. His brother Teddy would fit right in with the progressives.
  • ParkerboyParkerboy Posts: 7,048 Admiral
    Buried in National Cemeteries
    Deo Vindice
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 33,460 AG
    Parkerboy wrote: »
    What say you liberals?

Could you tell us the story behind this and what Kennedy did?

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• phlatsphilphlatsphil Posts: 14,632 AG
    What say I?

Here is my flag.

memorial-day-2013-remember.jpg

Mine too. And I'm a native of Charleston, SC.
  • Cane PoleCane Pole Stuart, FLAPosts: 9,928 Admiral
    What say you liberals?

That's the "bring me a Budweiser" flag
    Live music 7 nights a week: http://www.terrafermata.com/_events
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,012 AG
    I think only redneck racists think of that as "our" flag.
    Tarponator wrote: »

Don't believe everything you see on the internet.
    Hurricane 246 FunDeck
  • chubascochubasco Posts: 18,390 Officer
    The South was firmly and solidly Democrat when JFK was elected. When I was eligible to vote at age 18 in GA whomever won the democratic primary was the office holder in local and state elections as there were NO republican candidates. The Republican party only rose to power when the Democratic party turned its back on conservative ideals.

The Republican party had been the party of Lincoln, Reconstruction, Carpetbaggers, and Scallywags.

Now for the TRUTH:

Southern strategy

The Southern strategy was Richard Nixon's campaign strategy to win the Southern United States for the Republican Party during the 1968 and 1972 elections: a combination of deliberate strategy as well as a natural cover conservatives could provide for a racist agenda, effectively throwing any social clout the GOP had right out the window.

It was a total party-wide realignment over issues of civil rights and racism. Democrats went from being the party who opposed civil rights to being the party that passed them,[2] and Southerners who were formerly Democrats voted Republican instead, because Republicans opposed progress in those areas to various extents. This was the most significant political alignment in the US since the "New Deal Coalition," and one that still continues to this day.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Southern_strategy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy

Then came the acknowledgement and apology:

RNC Chief to Say It Was 'Wrong' to Exploit Racial Conflict for Votes

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/07/13/AR2005071302342.html

RNC Chair Michael Steele Confesses to Race-Based Southern Strategy

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/rnc-chair-michael-steele-confesses-to-race-based-southern-strategy/

GOP: 'We were wrong' to play racial politics

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/washington/2005-07-14-GOP-racial-politics_x.htm
    Chubasco.jpg
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,012 AG
    Don't believe everything you see on the internet.

I don't. It's been played out ever time I launch the boat in Hudson, Crystal River or Homosassa. The behavior here is quite par for the course.
    I don't. It's been played out ever time I launch the boat in Hudson, Crystal River or Homosassa. The behavior here is quite par for the course.

I don't recall any lynchings in that neck of the woods for quite a while.

Although, I understand there's plenty of black folks dying in cities up North. Do they display them flags in say..Chicago, Detroit, Baltimore?
    Hurricane 246 FunDeck
    I don't recall any lynchings in that neck of the woods for quite a while.

Although, I understand there's plenty of black folks dying in cities up North. Do they display them flags in say..Chicago, Detroit, Baltimore?

You seem to be discussing ssomething other than what he posted, or did you post in the wrong thread? :huh
  • Gary MGary M Posts: 13,214 AG
    What say I?

Here is my (adopted) flag.

FIFY
  • Gary MGary M Posts: 13,214 AG
    What say you liberals?

Here's just one of thousands of Clinton LIES about the South.........

President, William Jefferson Clinton, during his Saturday radio address to the nation, said: "In our country during the '50s and '60s, black churches were burned to intimidate civil rights workers. I have vivid and painful memories of black churches being burned in my own state when I was a child."

Clinton's radio broadcast has deeply insulted his own home-state Democrats. They are saying Clinton has falsely accused Arkansans of torching black churches. After several Arkansans, including the state historian and leaders of several black organizations, disputed Clinton's "vivid and painful memories" of church burnings in Arkansas, Clinton decided to change his story.

How can he have 'vivid and painful memories' of something that never happened in his life? Because he knows that when he LIES, that Libs will believe him.
    Gary M wrote: »
    Here's just one of thousands of Clinton LIES about the South.........

President, William Jefferson Clinton, during his Saturday radio address to the nation, said: "In our country during the '50s and '60s, black churches were burned to intimidate civil rights workers. I have vivid and painful memories of black churches being burned in my own state when I was a child."

Clinton's radio broadcast has deeply insulted his own home-state Democrats. They are saying Clinton has falsely accused Arkansans of torching black churches. After several Arkansans, including the state historian and leaders of several black organizations, disputed Clinton's "vivid and painful memories" of church burnings in Arkansas, Clinton decided to change his story.

Seems you are in the wrong thread too.

Show us YOUR flag.
    You seem to be discussing ssomething other than what he posted, or did you post in the wrong thread? :huh

JFK and our flag

We are discussing about the flag and it's "supposed" representation. Keep up.
    Hurricane 246 FunDeck
  • dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 9,264 Admiral
    JFK and our flag of the losers
    Gary M wrote: »
    FIFY

I chose it as my flag.

You didn't.
  • CageyCagey Central FloridaPosts: 917 Officer

A little historical info for perspective...

The Confederate flag flew over a slave nation from 1861 to 1865. 4, maybe 5 years total.

The flag of the United States of America flew over a slave nation for nearly 100 years: 1776 to 1865.

And, the flag of the United States of America flew over a nation who REFUSED to grant black people their civil rights even though the 15th amendment gave them that right back in 1870, the white yankees of the Northeastern USA REFUSED to treat black people as their equals for yet another 100 years and eventually had to be forced to allow black people at the table adding up to nearly 200 years of black oppression and suppression until the civil rights act of 1964 and the voting rights act was passed into law in 1965.

Nearly 200 years of northern white people committing willful and intentional black suppression and black oppression goes along with all white people who fly the flag of the United States of America. Flying that flag means you accept the burden of historical oppression and suppression that goes with that flag.

Its history of hate belongs to the bearer of that flag.

That makes USA flag waving white Americans racists too and with a much longer proven history to back it up!

The BLM will come after your flag too. All encouraged and supported by white liberals who suffer from white guilt.

img_1152.jpg

966403_520493104679478_778054268_o.jpg

U.S flag wavers... you're next on their list.
  • frankfrank Posts: 13,292 AG
    What say you liberals?

Can you see the mocking glance he is giving the losers'flag?
    Cagey wrote: »

The Confederate flag flew over a slave nation from 1861 to 1865. 4, maybe 5 years total.

What is called the Confederate flag, this flag:

Never flew over any nation ever. It was a battle flag that racist groups took up as their symbol of southern, racist, segregation pride.

Mini Mart Magnate

Cagey wrote: »

The flag of the United States of America flew over a slave nation for nearly 100 years: 1776 to 1865.

And, the flag of the United States of America flew over a nation who REFUSED to grant black people their civil rights even though the 15th amendment gave them that right back in 1870, the white yankees of the Northeastern USA REFUSED to treat black people as their equals for yet another 100 years and eventually had to be forced to allow black people at the table adding up to nearly 200 years of black oppression and suppression until the civil rights act of 1964 and the voting rights act was passed into law in 1965.

you think the north treated bad, you should have seen what we did to them in the south.

Your history is a bit warped. You know that don't you? Not saying that due to this one post either.

Mini Mart Magnate