Wading, frustration mixed with a little success

Hit one of my usual spots over the weekend prior to my fantasy football draft to clear my head and enjoy the outdoors. My brother was in town so it was nice to hit the water with him, felt like the old times, we were kids again. The day was beautiful, clear and warm, the water was alive with activity everywhere, probably the most I've ever seen. With that, the fishing was slow and frustrating, between the activity and the redfish we saw but could not get to eat, it was just one of those days. Saw the usual Florida sights, Dolphins hunting, Pelicans diving, Rays gliding along, even had a 3-4 foot Bonnethead follow my lure within 10 feet of me, but didn't commit. Like I said, had a little success, pitching at the shady mangrove line, pulled out this guy. 1 decent Snook can just make the day worth it. Can't complain. You know what they say, A slow day of fishing...

Replies

• TennesseeDaveTennesseeDave Posts: 308 Deckhand
    Nice snook! Better than me as I was working. Glad someone made it out!
  • harbisonharbison Posts: 3,276 Captain
    love wade fishing. Most can't even begin to imagine what it was like back in the fifties.
    Dave, I never though I would hear you use the dirtiest of the 4 letter words...WORK! I am shocked.
  • TennesseeDaveTennesseeDave Posts: 308 Deckhand
    Yes some of us have to work for a living. I know what it was like in the 50's. Everything was in black and white and people used slide rules! A very strange time period, indeed!
    It was different! I remember Gunsmoke on radio, the first TV, the first calculators, milk being delivered to the front door, lead toothpaste containers, and fish we could actually keep. 'Strange' but great!
  • SuperMutuSuperMutu Posts: 303 Deckhand
    harbison wrote: »
    It was different! I remember Gunsmoke on radio, the first TV, the first calculators, milk being delivered to the front door, lead toothpaste containers, and fish we could actually keep. 'Strange' but great!

I believed you until that part about keeping fish. That's just crazy talk.
    People have been keeping, eating, fish for thousands of years. For many it's a way of life.