Home Politics

Bill Clinton: Rebuild Detroit with Syrian Refugees

Tug Boat BobTug Boat Bob Posts: 2,571 Captain
In a previously little-noticed video from February at the Clinton Global Initiative, former President Bill Clinton suggested that the U.S. use Syrian refugees to rebuild Detroit.

“The truth is that the big loser in this over the long run is going to be Syria. This is an enormous opportunity for Americans,” Bill Clinton said about the Syrian migrant crisis.
Detroit has 10,000 empty, structurally sound houses—10,000. And lot of jobs to be had repairing those houses. Detroit just came out of bankruptcy and the mayor’s trying to do an innovative sort of urban homesteading program there. But it just gives you an example of what could be done. And I think any of us who have ever had any personal experience with either Syrian Americans or Syrian refugees think it’s a pretty good deal.
It is unclear from the video why Clinton seems to think it would be better to fill these Detroit jobs with imported foreign migrants rather than unemployed Americans already living there, who could perhaps benefit from good-paying jobs.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/08/29/bill-clinton-calls-for-rebuilding-detroit-with-syrian-refugees/
"Great lives never go out, they go on."
Benjamin Harrison 1833-1901
23rd President of the United States, 1889-1893

Replies

• shadowwalkershadowwalker Posts: 2,200 Captain
    Like an endless free flowing well of self indulging ignorance, liberal progressive visionary's spew mindless drivel, that if or when implemented is guaranteed to lead to greater levels of failure without exception.
  • Big BatteryBig Battery Posts: 20,592 AG
    "Screw the Blacks" They are probably starting to figure it out.
  • red owlred owl Posts: 671 Officer
    I agree. I've said it before and I don't mean to beat a dead horse but there is more to politic than liberal and conservative. There is a Nationalist vs Globalist. A nationalist would feel compassion for his fellow American who may be homeless and work to get unemployed Americans working in urban renewal in a place like Detroit and then maybe even end up getting these people an ownership interest. A globalist often despises his fellow countryman. The global "liberal" wants all the help to go to non-Americans.
    There is a "declaration of interdependence, conference of the sea, the world court, blah, blah, blah. These globalists are killing our country. England has the same problem. Those Rhodes scholarship program was started to skim off the wealthiest youth of England and turn them into globalists.
  • CageyCagey Central FloridaPosts: 917 Officer
    article wrote: »
    It is unclear from the video why Clinton seems to think it would be better to fill these Detroit jobs with imported foreign migrants rather than unemployed Americans already living there, who could perhaps benefit from good-paying jobs.

:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao

What, someone actually thinks the democrat voting base on welfare actually WANTS to work? To actually EARN a living???

Democrats ran all the good paying jobs out of there! Detroit is a perfect example of what the democrat party will do to ALL of America if given the chance. They promise utopia and deliver hell on earth. Why people vote for that crap is beyond belief and beyond all reasonable intelligence.

• Gary S. ColecchioGary S. Colecchio Posts: 24,922 AG
    Hamdi Ulukaya is smart guy. He turned a failed Kraft plant displacing 500 Americans to one employing 1200. No American ,black ,white or redneck jobs were displaced in the yogurt making. Chobani is an American cultural success story.

Good story. Thanks for posting.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • gregglgreggl Posts: 21,594 Officer
    Cagey wrote: »
    ran all the good paying jobs out of there!

people in the south said they'd give tax money away to do the same jobs with less compensation, benefits or safety infrastructure
  • dstockwelldstockwell Posts: 13,813 AG
    “The truth is that the big loser in this over the long run is going to be Syria.

So...
    This is an enormous opportunity for Americans,”

Oh hell no...

Detroit has 10,000 empty, structurally sound houses—10,000.

yea no jobs..
    It is not the responsibility of the United States to solve the problems of other countries.
  • tagtag Posts: 8,920 Admiral
    Like an endless free flowing well of self indulging ignorance, liberal progressive visionary's spew mindless drivel, that if or when implemented is guaranteed to lead to greater levels of failure without exception.

:Agree Well said.
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 12,555 AG
    Will women and children be able to build up Detroit? :shrug

Amazing, democrat wants to force women and children into one of the biggest sh%^# holes of america. They'll probably end up asking to be deported back to Syria.

Captain Todd Approves

• Gary S. ColecchioGary S. Colecchio Posts: 24,922 AG
    mplspug wrote: »
    They'll probably end up asking to be deported back to Syria.

lead-photo-1600-2.jpg

054df1ca7bd830807356dc4957b21272.jpg

28596EF100000578-3068937-image-a-52_1430841598192.jpg

syrian-refugees-opener-615.jpg

syrianRefugees-Bulgaria.jpg

140209085556-04-syria-unrest-0208-restricted-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg

920x920.jpg

0312Syria6.jpg

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAb_AAAAJDkwOTkwYjI5LTVkZGYtNDEwZi1iYWZmLWNhMGUxZmUxMjJjOA.jpg

0a1b182d76344b4eae06d87e0bc3067e_18.jpg

20151117T1502-0247-CNS-SYRIAN-REFUGEES-USA1.jpg

151120_RefugeeTerroristThreat_Gill-1250x650.jpg
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • sjm1582002sjm1582002 Posts: 4,364 Captain
    Scumbags like Hillary Clinton advocate and approve of measures that have, and are, designed to destroy certain Arab countries.

Their actions result in untold thousands of innocent folks being killed and develops Mad Max like worlds of violent chaos.

Then, this very same remorseless and sanctimonious collection of vermin lauds itself at its magnanimity and loudly trumpets their heartfelt concerns while advocating that our nation accept a few of the wretched victims of their diabolical policies.

There are, quite simply, too sickening of a sight to behold.

These politicians are more miserable and pathetic than the most destitute refugee.
    sjm1582002 wrote: »
    Scumbags like Hillary Clinton advocate and approve of measures that have, and are, designed to destroy certain Arab countries.

Their actions result in untold thousands of innocent folks being killed and develops Mad Max like worlds of violent chaos.

Then, this very same remorseless and sanctimonious collection of vermin lauds itself at its magnanimity and loudly trumpets their heartfelt concerns while advocating that our nation accept a few of the wretched victims of their diabolical policies.

There are, quite simply, too sickening of a sight to behold.

These politicians are more miserable and pathetic than the most destitute refugee.

Well said! And this has been the policy of the zionist USA for more than 70 years. Men like zbigniew brzezinski and Henry Kissinger have orchestrated this sort of destroy the arabs policy for decades on behalf of their masters. It is sickening and hard to believe Americans tolerate this crap and them. Rather than voting for her, we should tar and feather her and run her and Bill and others right on out of here, maybe send them to Syria to live.

B8lFLhMCMAI6nw6.jpg

What should happen to this genocidal murderer:

kissinger-war-criminal.jpg
    Capt refutes sarcasm. Brilliant!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Captain Todd Approves

• Lobstercatcher229Lobstercatcher229 Posts: 4,845 Captain
    I heard on the news today that we did an airstrike in Syria. Maybe in a few years that airstrike will be on Detroit.
  • Reptile DysfunctionReptile Dysfunction LP - Edge of the Known UniversePosts: 3,301 Captain
    lead-photo-1600-2.jpg

054df1ca7bd830807356dc4957b21272.jpg

28596EF100000578-3068937-image-a-52_1430841598192.jpg

syrian-refugees-opener-615.jpg

syrianRefugees-Bulgaria.jpg

140209085556-04-syria-unrest-0208-restricted-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg

920x920.jpg

0312Syria6.jpg

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAb_AAAAJDkwOTkwYjI5LTVkZGYtNDEwZi1iYWZmLWNhMGUxZmUxMjJjOA.jpg

0a1b182d76344b4eae06d87e0bc3067e_18.jpg

20151117T1502-0247-CNS-SYRIAN-REFUGEES-USA1.jpg

151120_RefugeeTerroristThreat_Gill-1250x650.jpg

Wow, those pictures of Detroit are truly incredible, worse than I thought and I lived North of there for a time back in the 80's.
    "If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free" - P. J. O'Rourke
  • Reptile DysfunctionReptile Dysfunction LP - Edge of the Known UniversePosts: 3,301 Captain

Nicely written!
    "If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free" - P. J. O'Rourke
  • drgibbydrgibby Posts: 1,538 Captain
    Ole Bill must have got a hankering for some arab poontang.
  • fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,487 AG
    How is allowing mass immigration into this nation in a time when we do not need any more low skilled workers benefit the citizens of this nation?

Answer,,, it does not
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
    Not all of Syria looks like Detroit does now in the above propaganda photos... there is another side to Syria:

Syria is being promoted as a tourist destination – and it actually looks beautiful

syria5.jpg?w=620&h=329&crop=1

syria4.jpg?w=620&h=306&crop=1

syria.jpg?w=620&h=395&crop=1

syria3.jpg?w=620&h=303&crop=1

syria6.jpg?w=620&h=324&crop=1

Looks like Syria has the same problem the USA has when you allow enemies to move into your country and subvert it from within then you have problems like Syria has and Detroit too!
    "Always Beautiful"? Those sumbcihes stole Orlando's nickname.

Captain Todd Approves