A Evening Walk In The Grass

Left the Gheenoe at home for this one. Got to walk in on foot and fish the flood grass this evening with good friends Capt Rich Santos and Capt Tim Boothe. Beautiful flood but there was a constant wind that we believe kept most of the Reds from getting up on the flats. That being said I was lucky enough to get two thanks to Tim putting me on them. Both Tim and Rich got in on the action also. There's something very special about an evening walk in the flood grass.
BC
2e4bu35.png

On a side note it's super important to take the time to properly release these fish. Redfish get confused and disorientated very easily when they get hooked in the flood grass. Please take the time to walk them over to deeper water, preferably a feeder creek and then revive them before setting them free.
[video]http://tinypic.com/r/nbcje1/9[/video]

Replies

• Slug-OSlug-O Posts: 3,017 Captain
    Next time you go give me a call. I'd love to join you guys... Leon
    USCG Licensed and Insured Charter Capt. PRIME TIME CHARTERS 904-591-8906 ICW and Back Waters fishing. Palmvalleycharters.com
  • BottomBumpinBottomBumpin Posts: 1,121 Officer
    one day..... been wanting to do this for years... thanks for sparking the interest again!
  • Black ClouserBlack Clouser Posts: 92 Deckhand
    Slug-O wrote: »
    Next time you go give me a call. I'd love to join you guys... Leon

:thumbsup
    BC
  • Slug-OSlug-O Posts: 3,017 Captain
    This morning...
    th_496E6F46-6D19-47EE-8D5E-405ABF36B615_zpsumdmmkya.jpg
    USCG Licensed and Insured Charter Capt. PRIME TIME CHARTERS 904-591-8906 ICW and Back Waters fishing. Palmvalleycharters.com
  • Black ClouserBlack Clouser Posts: 92 Deckhand
    Slug-O wrote: »
    This morning...
    th_496E6F46-6D19-47EE-8D5E-405ABF36B615_zpsumdmmkya.jpg

I Love It......An Event For Sure, Stellar Stuff Leon:cool:.
    BC