RED snapper open next weekend?

Just got a call from a buddy that it is open Labor day weekend......

****.? Is it really?

Please confirm

Replies

• CountryBumpkinCountryBumpkin Fla. Piney WoodsPosts: 1,390 Officer

I say......I say son.......new & improved my tail feathers.

• Kapt.HookKapt.Hook Posts: 431 Deckhand

Everytime I see this it makes me wonder when this 2015 season happened and where was I..
    IMG_1519.jpg
  • Kim ChiKim Chi Posts: 309 Deckhand
    Think he is trying to get you popped by FWC on Labor Day weekend.....
  • reel stamasreel stamas Posts: 6,153 Admiral
    Gulf State Waters...
    There should be NO Commercial Fishing for any fish species considered 'Over-fished' , 'Undergoing Overfishing' or Subject to Recreational Seasons, Limits, or Closures... Game Fish Status IS the Answer !!!
  • TritonRiderTritonRider Posts: 62 Greenhorn
    inside 3 miles
  • CountryBumpkinCountryBumpkin Fla. Piney WoodsPosts: 1,390 Officer
    Kapt.Hook wrote: »
    Everytime I see this it makes me wonder when this 2015 season happened and where was I..

There was no 2015 season............yet they claim we killed so many through catch and release (discards they call them).......that we still over fished our 2015 allowable catch...........so therefore no 2016 season.

If they don't change their "release mortality" computer model...........we will probably never have a season. It is a rigged game.....they mandate circle hooks and release tools for every fisherman.......yet don't update their calculations to account for the improved survival rate.:nono

Then they wonder why the average guy thinks they are either incompetent or corrupt.:shrug

I say......I say son.......new & improved my tail feathers.

• oldbigbucksoldbigbucks Posts: 163 Deckhand
    How about incompetent AND corrupt!
  • partime30partime30 Posts: 79 Greenhorn
    you almost cant put a line to the bottom with out catching one. however these guys can bring in 12000pounds https://youtu.be/kJh7c7R3u3U
    Sea fox 226 commander!:fishing
  • DevodudDevodud Posts: 355 Deckhand
    WHO is reporting Red Snapper catch and release numbers for them to decide we had 276,729 fish die from discards!!!!! ****!
    "If you're gunna be stupid, you gotta be tough"