Grouper trolling 8/20

I have not posted in a while have been fishing but it has been slow and nothing really to talk about.

On 8/20 I had to get a buddy out of the house so that his wife could get ready for his surprise birthday party at 3:00 pm.

So off we go for his dirty 30 birthday fishing adventure we were headed south west out of Yankeetown to 40-50 ft we were going to troll as we always do. Set the course once we clear the channel and celebratory beers at 6 am. Arrive at 7:15 and we have the plugs in the water trolling and then the bites start. We quit fishing at noon. We ended up with 7 gags 26-29 inches and a hell of a hangover Sunday. I only got one picture so, it probably didn't happen.

All the fish were caught on rapalas mag 30s and wire leaders 80lb power pro. Ps the guy in the picture is 6'1" 320 ish cdcb957e8d3da7fa2618196acfa7a193.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Replies

• xmuskyguidexmuskyguide Beautiful HomosassaPosts: 1,515 Captain
    Good trip for gags. :thumbsup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,675 Moderator
    Solid , you beat the weeds.
    "You'll get your weather"
  • wvinfl12wvinfl12 Posts: 247 Deckhand
    I would say, yes, you did beat the grass............it was all over when I was out Saturday, so I didn't even attempt it even though I had my rigs with me.
  • Ruff OneRuff One HomosassaPosts: 1,882 Captain
    I love those kinds of posts. I am sitting around thinking about trolling, and I will venture out soon, but the weeds always send me home with my tail between my legs. Nice job. Maybe I need to take more "beer"!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jim311Jim311 Posts: 4,891 Captain
    I'm a lot more patient with things like fouled plugs after a few beers.
  • 33vector33vector Posts: 49 Greenhorn
    Beers help and anglers that are pumped to reel in lizard fish and gags it's always fun to take new to trolling people that are eager to learn...

Weeds weren't bad for us where we were at but we're in shallower 🍻

• Rick1-2Rick1-2 HorseshoePosts: 918 Officer
    nice
  • RedbonzRedbonz Posts: 4,531 Captain
    Beer makes it all good .....
    If it don't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replace anyways. :banghead
  • huntentailshuntentails Posts: 1,696 Captain
    Redbonz wrote: »
    Beer makes it all good .....

THIS^^^^
    :beer
    58c3c16f-8a45-4d30-b16f-bc3107cf4657_zpsplzwx9u1.jpg0af8c5e9-faa1-4c9d-81d3-c711ee6ce6e3_zpsojsft7fc.jpg
  • 33vector33vector Posts: 49 Greenhorn
    Friday beers 🍻