One would think

that if you had a nice trawler like this it'd be prudent to check water depth BEFORE anchoring..:shrug
Pretty good fuel slick around it too.
I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
001.jpg 93.9K

Replies

• tagtag Posts: 8,836 Admiral
    The sailboat behind it is also on the bottom.
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 9,980 Admiral
    tag wrote: »
    The sailboat behind it is also on the bottom.
    It sank 3 weeks back during all the rain, it's one of the derelict boats here in the bay and has broke loose of it's moorings several times.
    Trawler just appeared 2 days ago.
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,892 Moderator
    Must have come in on the big moon tide ?
    "You'll get your weather"
  • navigator2navigator2 Posts: 22,444 AG
    ANUMBER1 wrote: »
    It sank 3 weeks back during all the rain, it's one of the derelict boats here in the bay and has broke loose of it's moorings several times.
    Trawler just appeared 2 days ago.

Meh...........he's just scraping the barnacles off the bottom. Next week it will be tilted on the other side. :grin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Gone this afternoon, sailboat is still providing EMH (Essentiel Marine Habitat) though.
  • Top ContenderTop Contender Posts: 593 Officer
    Sailboat would be a lot more useful sunk in 80-120'...
    Sailboat would be a lot more useful sunk in 80-120'...
    Come get it... and bout half a dozen others.
  • Westwall01Westwall01 Posts: 5,292 Admiral
    can't fix stupid
  • DOCKSIDEDOCKSIDE Posts: 1,800 Captain
    What bay is that Art ?
    somewhere south of disorder and on earth... mostly .
    ..............................................................................
    IBEW LU 433
    DOCKSIDE wrote: »
    What bay is that Art ?
    Right in front of the Crab Plant dock, tween us and Crackers.
  • DOCKSIDEDOCKSIDE Posts: 1,800 Captain
    Haven't been up that way in a few weeks..
    somewhere south of disorder and on earth... mostly .
    ..............................................................................
    IBEW LU 433
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 5,395 Admiral
    Come get it... and bout half a dozen others.

Lots of them in the Steinhatchee River too and the number is growing, there was this "tug" I guess you would call it, that was called Spray Can, I told my wife "just watch one day we will see that thing sunk here in the river", well, it is now a permanent fish attractor and they were nice enough to move it well up river before it sank. It would work real well in 50+ foot of water.

Call this number and report them, 888-404-3922.

There is supposed to be a grant program to help remove these things, although I think the owner should have some responsibility too.
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.
    surfman wrote: »
    Lots of them in the Steinhatchee River too and the number is growing, there was this "tug" I guess you would call it, that was called Spray Can, I told my wife "just watch one day we will see that thing sunk here in the river", well, it is now a permanent fish attractor and they were nice enough to move it well up river before it sank. It would work real well in 50+ foot of water.

Call this number and report them, 888-404-3922.

There is supposed to be a grant program to help remove these things, although I think the owner should have some responsibility too.
    FWC was there as was CCSO, that trawler wasn't a derelict boat, they just picked a bad place to anchor.
    Getting rid of them isn't all that easy, it's a lengthy process as some of the owner's have passed and the kids back north don't care about the boat or there is no next of kin.
    There is one up here in the bay that has broken loose several times during storms and damaged other boats and docks, owner is still alive but in a nursing home with no next of kin.
    Someone always tows it back into the bay and anchors it.
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 4,580 Captain

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• mburke001 aka TripleBmburke001 aka TripleB Posts: 1,309 Officer
    They should do what some States do to abandon or stripped cars, put a yellow tag on them for Sanitation and then discard them. Nice and easy.
  • Sky High EyeSky High Eye Posts: 38 Deckhand
    That picture reminds me of a story told by a friend when her and her ex were cruising the Caribbean in a trawler. They weren't getting along too well when he "parked" it one evening and the locals told him that he should move it to deeper water which he condescendingly dismissed. She woke up some time during the night trying to push him off her and couldn't because as the boat listed she became pinned under him, lol. According to her that was the moment she decided to go through with her plans to divorce him.

"The straw that broke the camel's back."
    conchydong wrote: »
    Last time it drifted into our dock the cabin was littered with **** mags, crack pipes, and human waste.
    Prolly all washed out now but.....
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 4,580 Captain
    Last time it drifted into our dock the cabin was littered with **** mags, crack pipes, and human waste.
    Prolly all washed out now but.....

Must belong to a forum member. But who?

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

conchydong wrote: »
    Must belong to a forum member. But who?
    lol
    mburke001 wrote: »
    They should do what some States do to abandon or stripped cars, put a yellow tag on them for Sanitation and then discard them. Nice and easy.

Like was mentioned the OP boat was not a derelict boat but, there are probably some others that could qualify, like the sailboat and, it is also pretty costly to haul them off and dispose of them, especially if they are sunk.
    Tight Lines, Steve
    Two questions I have, and I think I already know the answer but, are these vagrant vessels required to maintain a current registration? And if they are living on them or they even have a built in toilet on them, should they be required to prove they are having the tanks pumped out or are they just letting it rip into the river?
    Tight Lines, Steve
    Supposed to have current reg and an all around white light at night.
    Not sure of the toilet.