Home Egret Boats

Rubber spacers for hatches

reefitreefit Posts: 7 Deckhand
Does anybody know who makes the rubber spacers for the hatches on the older egrets. Or is there a better replacement. Thanks for the help

Replies

• Saltwater JunkieSaltwater Junkie Posts: 1,086 Officer
    What I see in the photograph doesn't look like anything that was installed at the factory. (Unless it was on a hull that is prior early 1995)

They are really not spacers. Believe it or not they are silencers. That we installed to keep the hatch from squeaking when you walked on them. As a replacement you can use any material that will keep the hatches from squeaking when you walk on them. If you look closely on the bottom (inside face) of the hatch you'll see wear marks on the gelcoat where the friction has rubbed the gloss off the gelcoat over time. That's where you'll want to install a rubber dot like you would see on a glass table or a piece or rubber gasket material. Just make sure that whatever you use is not so thick that the hatch doesn't close properly.
  • reefitreefit Posts: 7 Deckhand
    Thanks SJ for the reply. The boat is a 94 so I'm not sure if it is factory or not. I was concerned about finding a product that would be the same depth as what I have. I think I will start with the furniture spacers first as you recommended.