New Boat - and it's got Mojo!

I bought a 2017 Bulls Bay 230CC a couple weeks ago and brought it right to Marine Specialties for a T-Top and electronics box. After that it spent a few days in my driveway while I installed some electronics & got it ready for fishing. Then I put it in a marina and spent an afternoon idling around in the Anclote River last week for some break-in hours. And I finally got to take it fishing this past Saturday.

My buddy Ryan and I departed the marina at 9:00 AM, ran out to the island and caught bait, and then fished from 45-80' west of Anclote Key. The deeper stuff was more productive. We only caught grunts in 45'. I got a personal best gag @ 31", and Ryan got a 24" keeper as well. We also got a couple cobia, one at 36" to the fork and one that was considerably larger, but we didn't measure it. And we picked up a few mangos, with a couple over 20". Not huge numbers of fish, but the quality was good and it was kind of a short trip.

Pics:

DSC_0729_zpsvj5nc4yb.jpg
New boat

DSC_0731_zpsvk2gkwwf.jpg
New boat next to the old boat

photo%2032_zpsm7l93iyw.jpg
31" Gag

photo%2014_zpsnguvsdr7.jpg
20"+ Mango

DSC_0736_zpsqws8mqs1.jpg

DSC_0735_zpswjcpyxzs.jpg

Replies

• Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 10,416 AG
    Nice looking ride! Glad to see you putting her to good use.
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • bigh20bigh20 Posts: 251 Officer
    Nice! How's the 230 handle decent chop? They look like a lot of boat for the money.
  • LMKLMK Posts: 577 Officer
    Nice boat - mojo for sure.
  • stpetebaitmanstpetebaitman Posts: 899 Officer
    That is some meat, nice fish
  • Bottomfinder#1Bottomfinder#1 Posts: 1,021 Officer
    nice work
  • BryanCBryanC Posts: 623 Officer
    bigh20 wrote: »
    Nice! How's the 230 handle decent chop? They look like a lot of boat for the money.

I really couldn't tell you just yet. This was my first trip and it was calm all day. Could have fished offshore in a Carolina Skiff on Saturday.
  • SouthshoreSlayerSouthshoreSlayer Posts: 408 Deckhand
    Sweet rig. Seems like tons of people are getting Bulls Bays. I got my new one in 3 weeks ago. Unfortunately she is already back at the dealer getting her 20 hour service done.
  • aquaholikaquaholik Posts: 331 Deckhand
    Very nice Bryan. Good looking boat and a very nice variety of quality fish.
  • LilcthefishslayerLilcthefishslayer Posts: 611 Officer
    Nice upgrade buddy! Seems like a little more boat for them offshore trips, would love to fish on it soon :D
  • Reel-LuckyReel-Lucky Oldsmar, FLPosts: 3,082 Moderator
    Congrats, Bryan. A beautiful ride, Tom at Marine Specialties is top notch. Fantastic inaugural trip, some really nice fish. Good for you, buddy.
  • Mackeral SnatcherMackeral Snatcher Posts: 10,823 AG
    Congrats on the new boat Bryan, looks like you broke her in right.
    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
  • GoXGoX Posts: 61 Greenhorn
    Nice boat & Job Bryan!
    aka "Flats-Aholic" :beer
  • drgibbydrgibby Posts: 1,321 Officer
    Nothing better than getting a new boat bloody! Congrats on the new ride!
  • RMDRMD Posts: 1,796 Officer
    Congrats!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]