Why are Community edits not available to me?

CaptButchCaptButch Posts: 10 Greenhorn
I've read all info I can find but still not understanding why community edits are not available on my Humminbird Helix 7. Isn't it part of what I should get with my Navionics +?

Replies

• mikenavmikenav Posts: 696 Officer
    Hey Butch! Sorry for the delay. The Helix 7 is compatible with Navionics + for the SonarCharts and the Nautical Charts, but not the Community Edits. The only Humminbird machines that will show Community Edits are the ONIX 8ci Combo, 8ci SI Combo, 10ci Combo, 10ci SI Combo and the ION 10, 12.
    Here is a link to the compatibility chart http://www.navionics.com/sites/default/files/documents/americas_compguide_2.pdf

Sorry.

I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

mike
  • CaptButchCaptButch Posts: 10 Greenhorn
    i guess i should have asked my question another way. I had found that info on the compatibility chart before. What is my unit missing that makes it not compatible with community edits.
    thanks
  • mikenavmikenav Posts: 696 Officer
    Sorry. I misunderstood your question. It's not something you have or haven't done. The only Humminbird units that are capable of showing the community edits are the Onix and Ion, etc that I listed above. I don't know why it is only those units and not the Helix and the rest of them. May have to do with processing speed of the unit. I know some units aren't compatible with Platinum Plus because of that and screen definition. I will ask some of the Navionics higher ups why it is and get back with you.

Until then...I'm sorry there isn't anything I can do for you at this point in regards to the community edits.