Anna Maria Bradenton Beach launch sites?

cag215cag215 Posts: 47 Deckhand
Looking for info on launch sites on the island....
It looks like a good launching point on the Hyw 64 bridge before you cross over to the island.
I'd like to do some night fishing from the island side, are there any good put ins with safe parking?

Replies

• crackedconchcrackedconch Posts: 380 Deckhand
    :Popcorn I'd like to know too. Heading there for Labor Day weekend. I've fished those flats before by boat, but not by kayak.
    Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things!!

Pioneer 197 Sportfish
    Suzuki DF150
  • cag215cag215 Posts: 47 Deckhand
    Ok so I had to make own luck and find a put in. The sign at the boat ramp at Coquina said it was open 24/7.... Perfect! I put in at midnight at the parking area 100 yards south of the ramp. Nice sandy beach, easy in. Parked at the ramp, no problems and no hassles.
    Peddled up around Leffis Key and started fishing.... Full moon easy to see, tons of bait in the water, fish activity all over .......
    Got into a good mangrove snapper bite.. Mostly 10 and 12 inch but managed to put a pair of 15 inch snappers in the cooler.... Drifted and fished back to the put in. Loaded up the yak just as the sky was turning red.......
  • crackedconchcrackedconch Posts: 380 Deckhand
    Nice!! Thanks for the report. We're headed there Labor Day weekend and are going to fish mostly day, but I'm going to try and squeeze in a night trip. I'll post how we did.
    Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things!!

Pioneer 197 Sportfish
    Suzuki DF150
  • cag215cag215 Posts: 47 Deckhand
    Get a good report and watch the tides. The water rips real good at the bridge and around the island.
    Plan your drift with the tide. Going against the current is a PITA.....