Home Politics

What The Hell Is Wrong With This Guy?

Replies

• Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 28,230 AG
    cadman wrote: »
    Trump is a democratic plant. he is trying to lose without being obvious. I expect his rhetoric to get worse and worse as we get closer to the election. I predict that at the first or second debates he makes the craziest remarks yet.

I'm beginning to believe that is the only possible answer.
    Vote for the other candidate
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Posts: 1,997 Captain
    Joe Mc wrote: »
    He is an insufferable a**hole.There is nothing else to say. I can't imagine what goes on in the minds of his supporters.:huh

As stated, he is the republican presidential candidate. There are now supporters that were pro democrat before Johnson that are now devote republicans because they hate anyone that is not white, period ! There are other groups too that vote anti democrat, no thought into it... It is scary to think that Johnson passed the civil rights bill and the entire south turned republican based on race alone.

I for one think America should divide into 2 separate countries NOW. The mental ideas we all have are so far separated that it would be for the best. Bring about a unity of sorts..
    You dont want to allow abortion, want all the guns you can have, want to discriminate... You get Florida's west Coast divided right down Route 27 and connected to 75. You can even have gainsville and Ocala... You get all of Georgia, Miss, LA, Texas, Alabama, Ark, Tenn, Ket, and southern Ohio up to columbus. You can have bottom half of Indiana, Ill and all of Wisconisn, you get SC and most of NC... Plus you get WV, you got Oky, and a sliver that connects you thru Kansas, and nebraska so you get to Wyoming and SOUTH dakota... There you go, even steven...

Things are just to far apart tp make this a great country again... There was a time when the North was in control and the South had to follow.. But the South deserves rights too and no way to vote them in anymore... Too outnumbered by liberals and the Colors (tan, dark, green people, etc)

Trump is playing the Hillbilly tune and getting major responses by that group, the followers...
  • sjm1582002sjm1582002 Posts: 4,363 Captain
    gunby31 wrote: »
    Were you 100% against going into Iraq at the time? After hearing the convincing arguments (lies) presented by Powell, Bush, and even some democrats. Be honest. You know what they say about hindsight.

Hillary admitted her mistake. That is the sign of character. She won't make the same mistake again.

Trump is never wrong, about anything. He is perfect. That is some scary sh**.

I just gave you three of Hillary's "mistakes". One of which may surpass Vietnam as a historic, colossal, and enduring blunder. Hillary has demonstrated she has learned nothing and appears incapable of doing so.

I will not reward proven failure of such magnitutde. You, among others, however will choose to do so. After Hillary's win, and when the neocons tire of laughing, I'm sure they'll thank you folks for foolishly giving them another opportunity.

I have been saving the following for a long time, as it mirrored my opinion at the time.

A desperate last ditch attempt to head off a terrible tradegy.

From the op-ed page of the New York Times of 26 September 2002, signed by 33 scholars of international relations.

WAR WITH IRAQ IS NOT IN AMERICA'S NATIONAL INTEREST

As scholars of international security affairs, we recognize that war is sometimes necessary to ensure our national security or other vital interests. We also recognize that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and that Iraq has defied a number of U.N. resolutions. But military force should be used only when it advances U.S. national interests. War with Iraq does not meet this standard.

Saddam Hussein is a murderous despot, but no one has provided credible evidence that Iraq is cooperating with al Qaeda.

Even if Saddam Hussein acquired nuclear weapons, he could not use them without suffering massive U.S. or Israeli retaliation.
    The first Bush administration did not try to conquer Iraq in 1991 because it understood that doing so could spread instability in the Middle East, threatening U.S. interests. This remains a valid concern today.

The United States would win a war against Iraq, but Iraq has military options—chemical and biological weapons, urban combat—that might impose significant costs on the invading forces and neighboring states.

Even if we win easily, we have no plausible exit strategy. Iraq is a deeply divided society that the United States would have to occupy and police for many years to create a viable state.

Al Qaeda poses a greater threat to the U.S. than does Iraq. War with Iraq will jeopardize the campaign against al Qaeda by diverting resources and attention from that campaign and by increasing anti-Americanism around the globe.

The United States should maintain vigilant containment of Iraq—using its own assets and the resources of the United Nations—and be prepared to invade Iraq if it threatens to attack America or its allies. That is not the case today. We should concentrate instead on defeating al Qaeda.

Robert J. Art
    Brandeis University

Richard K. Betts
    Columbia University

Dale C. Copeland
    University of Virginia

Michael C. Desch
    University of Kentucky

Sumit Ganguly
    University of Texas

Charles L. Glaser
    University of Chicago

Alexander L. George
    Stanford University

Richard K. Herrmann
    Ohio State University

George C. Herring
    University of Kentucky

Robert Jervis
    Columbia University

Chaim Kaufmann
    Lehigh University

Carl Kaysen
    MIT

Elizabeth Kier
    University of Washington

Deborah Larson
    UCLA

Jack S. Levy
    Rutgers University

Peter Liberman
    Queens College

John J. Mearsheimer
    University of Chicago

Steven E. Miller
    Harvard University

Charles C. Moskos
    Northwestern University

Robert A. Pape
    University of Chicago

Barry R. Posen
    MIT

Robert Powell
    UC—Berkeley

George H. Quester
    University of Maryland

Richard Rosecrance
    UCLA

Thomas C. Schelling
    University of Maryland

Randall L. Schweller
    Ohio State University

Glenn H. Snyder
    University of North Carolina

Jack L. Snyder
    Columbia University

Shibley Telhami
    University of Maryland

Stephen van Evera
    MIT

Stephen M. Walt
    Harvard University

Kenneth N. Waltz
    Columbia University

Cindy Williams
    MIT

Institutions listed for identification purposes only.
    Paid for by the signatories and individual contributors

http://www.bear-left.com/archive/2002/0926oped.html
  • gunby31gunby31 Posts: 5,777 Officer
    Glad to know you voted for Obama in 2008.
  • chubascochubasco Posts: 18,386 AG

He would have for sure but then, there was that non-white issue with Obama.
    Chubasco.jpg
  • Gary S. ColecchioGary S. Colecchio Posts: 24,905 AG
    Donald Trump is a professional wrestler, so deep into character that he now believes it. Its his New York, rich kid, growing up watching TV and tabloid, bulls hit artist culture.

His opponents are the kind of kids who were in Jr.Achievement and Future Business Leaders of America. They have no skillset to combat a guy who lived his high school experience never reading a book, being actually sequestered in the cliche of military school, which was where your parents would threaten to send you for recalcitrant behavior to straighten yourasss out.

That's what's wrong with the guy.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse

Obama was vastly superior to McCain and the discredited leftover wreckage from the Bush administration, but I voted Libertarian.
  • permit_mepermit_me Posts: 1,183 Officer
    yup! just another poor boy off to fight a rich man's war...
    Both sides have the pro-war stance without an end in sight. look at Barry O's 1 trillion dollar upgrade to the nukes, one that can target a very small area, as if that is ok.
    Very few countries have issues with terrorism, we just need to keep our fingers outta the pie.
    Scary how many Dems at the upper level want and accept eternal war, too.

And to think, we have the capability to remove ALL nuclear weapons and nuclear waste from the planet, but that was never mentioned by any candidate anywhere, as are humans rapidly advancing fusion technology.
  • MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 AG

All commented on the OP prior to then making those posts.
    Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.
  • frankfrank Posts: 13,292 AG
    Were you 100% against going into Iraq at the time? After hearing the convincing arguments (lies) presented by Powell, Bush, and even some democrats. Be honest. You know what they say about hindsight.

Hillary admitted her mistake. That is the sign of character. She won't make the same mistake again.

Trump is never wrong, about anything. He is perfect. That is some scary sh**.

yes

bs, this is just rhetoric, the machine she represents, the continual war republicrat party, will keep engaging in military actions that have little to do with national security and everything to do with advancing corporate interests

yeah, he's a jerk, but he'll have no more control over where we fight than the clinton admin

democrats and repulicans = perpetual war and foreign interventions

and to the op, yes he is a megalomaniac with no regard for other human beings and not fit for the office of president, neither is clinton
    frank wrote: »
    and to the op, yes he is a megalomaniac with no regard for other human beings and not fit for the office of president, neither is clinton

You have 2 choices. Who is MORE qualified and fit to be president?

I'm not asking who is perfect. Jesus.
  • Don BDon B Posts: 857 Officer
    Mr. Khan, with his wife by his side, addressed a political convention, where he threw insults and accusation against Donald Trump, therefor he has no right to hide behind the sacrifice of his son. Donald Trump did not send his son to fight, and had no say in the action, how the hell is he responsible for anything to do with Mr. Khan's son?
  • LuckyMrSwLuckyMrSw Posts: 3,208 Captain
    Hmmmm, there is a dancin racoon around here that said if they are on the stage then even the family is fair game. In regards to one of the Behgazi moms.
    Don B wrote: »
    Mr. Khan, with his wife by his side, addressed a political convention, where he threw insults and accusation against Donald Trump, therefor he has no right to hide behind the sacrifice of his son. Donald Trump did not send his son to fight, and had no say in the action, how the hell is he responsible for anything to do with Mr. Khan's son?
    Please stop derailing my thread.
    `Forum Moderator`

Don't call each other names
    `Same Forum Moderator`
  • Gary S. ColecchioGary S. Colecchio Posts: 24,905 AG
    Don B wrote: »
    ... how the hell is he responsible for anything to do with Mr. Khan's son?

:huh

Where in his speech did Mr. Khan accuse Trump of being responsible for his son's death?

Here it is here:

What he did say was that his son did not die for the kind of America Donald Trump envisions, if Trump has any vision at all besides the crap he says and explains away the next day as meaning something else. And that in Trump's America, his son would not have had the opportunity to sacrifice his life to save those of his countrymen.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • DancinGeneDancinGene Posts: 1,760 Captain
    Things slow on the UPS package sorting line today?
    Have you seen me post anything on this thread, prior to this post?
  • NewberryJeffNewberryJeff Posts: 7,447 Admiral
    He and his wife dug up their son to be used for morbid emotional manipulation in a straw man attack. I have no idea why they would do such a thing, especially since Hillary is the candidate who sent their son to kill Muslims and die in the process.
  • LuckyMrSwLuckyMrSw Posts: 3,208 Captain
    :cry
    DancinGene wrote: »
    Things slow on the UPS package sorting line today?
    Have you seen me post anything on this thread, prior to this post?
    stings a lil eh?
    Please stop derailing my thread.
    `Forum Moderator`

Don't call each other names
    `Same Forum Moderator`
    You have 2 choices. Who is MORE qualified and fit to be president?

I'm not asking who is perfect. Jesus.

I forget, how did the FBI describe Hillary's latest escapade in public office?

How does that disgraceful and embarrassing performance merit a promotion?

Only in Washington DC is being a complete screwup at everything, and then lying about your actions over and over again, seen as a "qualification".
  • Team SabatageTeam Sabatage USA, USA, USAPosts: 13,014 AG
    He and his wife dug up their son to be used for morbid emotional manipulation in a straw man attack. I have no idea why they would do such a thing, especially since Hillary is the candidate who sent their son to kill Muslims and die in the process.

You mean the only one who voted to go to war that then has the guts to be the candidate?
    She is equally responsible as are the other 77 Senators with all but one Republican voting to go to war in the Senate but with 21 Democratic Senators voting against the Iraq action. I guess the Republicans that voted yes are to cowardly to stand up for what they believed to be at the time. Typical and expected...
    Strap me in, tie me down and roll me a bone, I'm getting on an airplane and I'm flying home...
    sjm1582002 wrote: »
    Only in Washington DC is being a complete screwup at everything, and then lying about your actions over and over again, seen as a "qualification".

This is a chaotic statement. You are disqualified from even commenting on the topic. You have blind hate in you. This is a product of FOX and Trump. Pure BS.
  • Team SabatageTeam Sabatage USA, USA, USAPosts: 13,014 AG
    This is a chaotic statement. You are disqualified from even commenting on the topic. You have blind hate in you. This is a product of FOX and Trump. Pure BS.

I tend to agree with sjm's statement. I mean look at history, the statement fits.

It fit with Bush/Cheney, it fit with Reagan...
    Strap me in, tie me down and roll me a bone, I'm getting on an airplane and I'm flying home...
  • NewberryJeffNewberryJeff Posts: 7,447 Admiral
    permit_me wrote: »
    And to think, we have the capability to remove ALL nuclear weapons and nuclear waste from the planet, but that was never mentioned by any candidate anywhere, as are humans rapidly advancing fusion technology.

Forgive me for the off-topic response.

This is what the peace prize prez. is doing on the nuclear issue:

http://www.counterpunch.org/2016/02/12/radioactive-handouts-the-nuclear-subsidies-buried-inside-obamas-clean-energy-budget/
    https://www.armscontrol.org/blog/ArmsControlNow/2016-02-09/Last-Obama-Budget-Goes-for-Broke-on-Nuclear-Weapons
  • rain dograin dog Posts: 3,245 Captain
    sounds like the NEOLIBS here skipped their medications again .. or went too heavy on the booze.

Enjoy your Iraq war supporter and new neocon favorite.

At one time you were against that action and opposed those who were responsible.

Now you are for them and you don't like being reminded about those facts because of what it makes you look like.

Most amusing.
    sjm1582002 wrote: »
    Enjoy your Iraq war supporter and new neocon favorite.

At one time you were against that action and opposed those who were responsible.

Now you are for them and you don't like being reminded about those facts because of what it makes you look like.

Most amusing.

You are searching for perfection and will never find it.

I am going with the more qualified, not perfect, candidate.
  • shadowwalkershadowwalker Posts: 2,200 Captain
    Don't want your sons name dragged thru the mud of a political campaign, don't drag his name into a political partisan slim match. Oh how liberals love to scream about tactics they themselves love to employ.
  • MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 AG
    In case people didn't read all the way to the end.
    Menzies wrote: »

On Friday, Trump was on the defensive with others, too, calling retired four-star Marine Gen. John Allen, who spoke at the DNC and led troops in Afghanistan, a "failed general" at a rally in Denver. "You know who he is? He's a failed general," Trump told the crowd. "He was the general fighting ISIS. I would say he hasn't done so well, right?"

In Colorado Springs, Colorado, Friday afternoon, Trump repeatedly called out the event's fire marshal for not allowing more people into the venue. "Hey, maybe they're a Hillary person. Could that be possible? Probably," Trump said of the marshal, complaining that the attendance limit was "unfair." "Then you wonder why we're going to hell. That's why we're going to hell."

The marshal, Brett Lacey, was named Civilian of the Year in February for his work after the shooting at the Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood clinic in November.
    Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.
  • Bimini TwistedBimini Twisted Posts: 11,443 AG
    Mr. Trump's running mate, Mr. Pence, has a son in the Marines. Awkward.
  • frankfrank Posts: 13,292 AG
    You have 2 choices..

this is the thinking that has lead us to the current situation we are in
    there are more choices, but you have to step off the treadmill
  • red owlred owl Posts: 703 Officer
    It may be a fine line but there is support for the Military and then there is support for Veteran Benefits. Two different things. I had quite a few family members in the military- it was about evenly split between Democrat and Republican. I don't know where this thing got started that if you are in the military you are automatically a Republican. Every nation on earth has a military, regardless of that country's politics. Just because you find a general that is a Democrat means nothing.