Personal best snook on fly -Jupiter

Not many snook in Iowa! So I have to spend a week a year on the beaches down here! Was out last Monday, and already having a spectacular day. Despite a lot of wind, and dirty water, had already put eight snook on the beach. Made a long cast, took one strip, and got crushed. A guy standing up on the rocks yelled, "Dude, that's a big fish." Fish went into the backing, and then powered down the beach about a 150 yards, despite the fact that I was putting a lot of heat on it. When I got it close, it seemed like it just doubled in size. 42 inches and heavy. So excited I could hardly sleep that night. Love...love beach snooking.

Replies

• MakoLogicMakoLogic Posts: 627 Officer
    Nice! I was thinking about hitting the beach in jupiter in the am for the same thing. Mind sharing what kind of fly it hit? Was going to use some pilchard imitations or clousters.
    Fisherman, outdoors enthusiast, and software geek (not necessarily in that order, depending on the day)
    www.makologic.com
    [email protected]

Formerly TxToFl...
  • OldSaltOldSalt Posts: 129 Officer
    A great catch with great skill....a very special day...well done!
  • randyrichterrandyrichter Posts: 23 Greenhorn
    MakoLogic wrote: »
    Nice! I was thinking about hitting the beach in jupiter in the am for the same thing. Mind sharing what kind of fly it hit? Was going to use some pilchard imitations or clousters.

I didn't change flies for two days, caught 20 fish on one fly! Olive over white pilchard imitation size 2/0
  • Gary S. ColecchioGary S. Colecchio Posts: 24,922 AG
    Nice. Wow.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • Fi$h2nguyenFi$h2nguyen Posts: 7,782 Moderator
    Slob. Congrats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Keeping busy while away from Florida

https://www.youtube.com/user/UFpwrLifter/videos?view_as=public
  • MakoLogicMakoLogic Posts: 627 Officer
    Awesome thanks. Gonna give it a shot in the am
    Fisherman, outdoors enthusiast, and software geek (not necessarily in that order, depending on the day)
    www.makologic.com
    [email protected]

Formerly TxToFl...
  • FlfjackFlfjack Posts: 646 Officer
    Way to go man! Awesome work to get it done while here on vacation!!
    East Boynton
    IG jack.bbi
  • jad1097jad1097 Posts: 9,610 Admiral
  • BearmaticBearmatic Posts: 576 Officer
    Way to go there , WOW
  • Salty GatorSalty Gator Posts: 1,814 Captain
    That's a slob! Well done.
    Thanks! It helps that the whole point of vacation is fishing, out in the morning before dawn, came in in the dark. Had a lot of great experiences, hooking blackfin on fly, jumping a big tarpon in the Glades, and even talked a guide into letting me try one of the big sharks offshore on fly...which didn't end up being as fun as sounded in my head. :)
  • zzzzzzsplashzzzzzzsplash Posts: 499 Deckhand
    That's awesome! :beer
  • Salt CrackerSalt Cracker Posts: 124 Deckhand
    Awesome fish and on the buggy whip ... great angling!!
  • kyl3macmillankyl3macmillan Posts: 21 Greenhorn
    Nice fish right there! Great work.
  • ControlledChaosControlledChaos Posts: 697 Officer
    Great fish and even better that it was on the fly. Glad your having a good vacation and I am sure we will have 100 people snook fishing Jupiter beach by morning :wink
    Captain for Controlled Chaos Fishing Team
    Previous forum name jfenn10
    Check us out on Facebook @ https://m.facebook.com/ControlledChaosFishingCharter?ref=bookmarks

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Great fish and even better that it was on the fly. Glad your having a good vacation and I am sure we will have 100 people snook fishing Jupiter beach by morning :wink

That's why I waited til after I went home to post. :)
  • ReelLeftyReelLefty Posts: 84 Greenhorn
    Very Nice! I coach a kid in baseball that caught his personal best at sailfish flats on fly at 42" I believe it was. He was featured on the insider report last week. Stud snook my friend!
  • oaksoaks Posts: 101 Deckhand
    Outstanding!
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 19,572 AG
    From one Richter to another...Congrats! :)
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • searenitysearenity Posts: 117 Officer
    I have caught snook that big, but not on fly. I have caught big snook in the surf, but not near that big. That is so awesome. Life might be all down hill from here. Just kidding. Keep up the good work.
  • Capt. ScottCapt. Scott Posts: 94 Greenhorn
    Nice job Randy!!!
  • onICEonICE Posts: 987 Officer
    congrats! Great fish on any tackle.