Sugarloaf key advice

Me and a couple buddies are going down for a long weekend in August to do some
Lobstering and fishing. Are there any reefs or wreck near there? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• jmac7469jmac7469 Posts: 109 Deckhand
    You do know where you're going right? Ocean side 30-80 fsw watch your machine for any drop offs. On a clear day the reefs is highly visible.
  • piner_wahoopiner_wahoo Posts: 3,633 Captain
    good gosh, yes!
    28' SEA VEE BRAND NEW 200 SUZUKI's- LIVE BAIT OFFSHORE WRECKS DEEP DROP REEFS BACKCOUNTRY
    CUSTOM CHARTERS u pick the boat- Capt.Harlan Trammell
    American Allegiance Charters -LOWER KEYS BACKCOUNTRY FISHING,LOBSTER dives, fish the 33' WORLDCAT w/ AOK+Allegiance!
    your boat or mine, my spots+my gear, your fish.
    BIG WAHOO
    checkout our new website- http://www.american-allegiance-charters.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/American-Allegiance-Charters/708182519302079[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fish_stixfish_stix Posts: 1,312 Officer
    Get a "Top Spot" chart for that area; it'll show you all the patch reefs and the deeper reefs plus wrecks. About $15.00 at West Marine, Walmart, tackle stores, etc. If you haven't been there before I'd recommend you hire a guide for a day, like piner_wahoo on this forum. Whatever it costs you will be well worth the money to learn the area and fishing techniques.
  • O'BryanO'Bryan Posts: 24 Greenhorn
    Don't expect to kill it the first year.....Hire a guide and your learning curve will be cut in half. Top spot charts are a great reference but everyone else is using them so you need find your own honey holes. Exploring and jumping in the water to find them is the best part :fishing
  • Fstgti1Fstgti1 Posts: 19 Greenhorn
    Thank you guys for the advise. It's my first time but some of my friend have done it a couple times. So hopefully we will have a little bit of luck.
  • kbkeyskbkeys Posts: 691 Officer
    Hire Harlan for a day...his expertise on reef and and diving is well worth his fee.
  • NorthernNorthern Posts: 875 Officer
    kbkeys wrote: »
    Hire Harlan for a day...his expertise on reef and and diving is well worth his fee.

A definitely agree.
  • fredoramafredorama Posts: 26 Greenhorn
    Northern wrote: »
    A definitely agree.

I'll third that advice.
  • sparse greysparse grey Posts: 1,751 Captain
    ^^^X4
    Ron Conner Release the fish, keep the memories. Once a Knight is enough.