Home West Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

Fire trucks in 100ft!

Hi guys,
Took out a MMA fighter and his friends out for a quick run out to the deeper water and it was on. Cut sardines and live pinfish worked great again . Tide was running against the wind so we couldn't chum effectively but it didn't matter . We ended up with a nice box of red groupers up to 15lb. Made a stop in 45ft for some mangos but they couldn't get the hang of hooking those bait stealers . A lot of snapper there though!

Replies

• natecertnatecert Posts: 231 Deckhand
    Nice red! I have been fishing about the same depth out of Englewood and not found anything over 26" so far this year.
  • Grouper7Grouper7 Posts: 34 Deckhand
    natecert wrote: »
    Nice red! I have been fishing about the same depth out of Englewood and not found anything over 26" so far this year.

There hasn't been many large reds inshore of 100ft but the gags have made up for it. I've also been doing better with less "show" on the screen lately. Fishing the structure and eventually they come out of their holes .
  • natecertnatecert Posts: 231 Deckhand
    GR7,
    I hear you loud and clear on the depth. Last time out I did HS troll from 108 to 88 FOW, no joy on the troll but stoped to bring in the rigs and hung bottom with one and found a very small patch of hard bottom got a 22" RG off it. Nice to add another #.