Quebecois musky.

Ol'DirtyCasterOl'DirtyCaster Posts: 2,281 Captain
Day 1. After a beer and a nap, went fishing with Kat and Sabrina and found some toothy stuff. Putting in a full day tomorrow, I'll have more pics.

Replies

• sparse greysparse grey Posts: 1,751 Captain
    Nice catch. Glad you had safe trip & looking forward to great stories & pics. Nice to see y0u also.
    Ron Conner Release the fish, keep the memories. Once a Knight is enough.
  • BacklashBacklash Posts: 880 Officer
  • Ol'DirtyCasterOl'DirtyCaster Posts: 2,281 Captain
    Backlash wrote: »
    Nice 'ski ol dirty.. What did she eat?

5/0 bendback. Yak & hackles.
  • SUPER DSUPER D Posts: 658 Officer
    Very cool fish. Do you catch many of them, or mostly Pike? Don't they call them fish of a 1000 casts, or is it 10,000. Very cool catch.

:thumbsup
    SUPER D wrote: »
    Very cool fish. Do you catch many of them, or mostly Pike? Don't they call them fish of a 1000 casts, or is it 10,000. Very cool catch.

:thumbsup

Lol! Yeah, no. I've caught 2 this week, one on 10lb bass tackle and one on the 9wt. The guys who troll get numbers, but it's a cowardly way to fish and I'll have no part of that nonsense. Pike are much more common, smaller fish like the shallows while bigger pike and musky seem to prefer deeper water. We have a good spot, the water is gin clear and so far we're getting better numbers than the guys throwing cowgirls and 8oz plugs. I don't think "the fish of 10,000 casts" is even remotely accurate, but you have be prepared for very long days throwing freakishly huge flies without catching a **** thing. Pulled a legit 13hr day yesterday, and only had one follow. Going to Rimouski at the end of the week, changing it up to trout & salmon.
  • remo_5_0remo_5_0 Posts: 257 Deckhand
    Very nice Musky! Congrats
  • tarpon41tarpon41 Posts: 191 Deckhand
    ODC...Cowbells also battle of the names but when the large model engaged the blades on a retrieve I felt it in my shoulders...only did it for a couple of days and wrecked my left shoulder for fly casting for a month...plus that figure 8 is confusing for an old man
    Nice fish on fly
    tarpon41 wrote: »
    ODC...Cowbells also battle of the names but when the large model engaged the blades on a retrieve I felt it in my shoulders...only did it for a couple of days and wrecked my left shoulder for fly casting for a month...plus that figure 8 is confusing for an old man
    Nice fish on fly

I'm still recovering from a torn ucl in my right arm, I'm just happy I can handle my 9wt for a full day of fishing. My arm hurts just thinking about throwing big inline spinners.
  • ShadowcastShadowcast Wimauma, FLPosts: 1,051 Officer
    I think those are such cool looking fish!
    Capt. Jon Bull
    @shadowcastflyfishing
    Sales Rep - Ankona Boats, Salt Marsh Skiffs, Tavernier Skiff Company
  • saltybumsaltybum Posts: 1,572 Captain
    Le freshwater barracuda.
  • redjimredjim Posts: 774 Officer
    Great photo, Bill!!!