Home Southeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

SLC 10-28-2011 Plane Fish N and Crew..VIDEO ATTACHED!!!!!

The Plane Fish N left Sandsprit at 7:15 am with the most awesome crew::thumbsup

Eric (Plane Fish N), Dan (Reel C's), Jerry (Lucky Us) and Sean (Shoeless).

After 3 quick tosses of our cast net, we had about a dozen and half of beautiful finger mullet and headed offshore. :dance

We were greeted by 2 to 3' seas that were between 3 and 5 seconds apart... a little sloppy. :banghead

When we hit 100', we put out a spread of skirted hoos. 2 were on the outriggers and 2 were flatlined behind the boat.

We also put a yellow and green squider about 20 feet in the prop wash.

When we hit 150' we were on a solid weedline and decided to troll north and south to see if we could pick up a phin. NADA! :shrug

About 10 minutes in the troll, we bring in our first BFT on the squider.

Then, the left rigger goes off and it is a sail. He jumps several times and although there was no slack in the line, he spits the hook. Bummer!

We troll a bit more and in the next hour, bring in another 5 respectable sized BFT's.

Just before 11:00am, Irving the Sailfish (Psycho Freddies brother) is on and running. Running so much , that I am in danger of being spooled despite the drag being set beyond the strike.

All of a sudden, Irving takes a turn for our boat and I recover all my line. :beer

After about 25 minutes or so, Irving is boatside with his head on the gunwale and the hook is expertly removed. Irving is then revived (not really revived as he was still VERY GREEN). :willynilly

I had a video all worked out and after almost 2.5 hours of working on it, I kept getting some errors and it wouldn't upload. :cry

Stay tuned for the video.

Hope everyone had a great day and make sure you keep "tight lines."

Cheers

Still had problems with the video as many of the action shots wouldn't load up so be kind.

At 3:45, the second sail was on and we de-hooked and released him at 5:03.

Enjoy.

[video=youtube_share;q8e0pNn73eg]

Eric
PLANE FISH N

Replies

• roweryborowerybo Posts: 2,091 Officer
    Good job Plane fish N and crew. Sounds like a great day.
  • ShoelessShoeless Posts: 2,110 Captain
    Eric,

Thanks for such a wonderful day offshore with an awesome crew. Can't wait to see the video!!! Thanks again, looking forward to the next trip!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LET'S GOLET'S GO Posts: 2,041 Captain
    Nice report we all will wait for the video. Looks like I missed a fun trip,as I tie her to a hard rain has canceled a planned trip with Tom and I. Looks like the weather is will be rough for the next several days so it's time to clean up the fishing equipment.
    GOOD LUCK TO ALL FROM TEAM LET'S GO,
    BONES AND BOOMER. :dog :dog LET'S MAKE EVERY TRIP COUNT

baf44a4e-6651-4a38-8a03-7b1c3b6bd22b_zpse5ca0565.jpg L.G. LIFE IS GOOD ON THE "LET'S GO!"
  • latitudeajustmentlatitudeajustment Posts: 2,064 Captain
    Very nice report, congrats! I was hoping to get out today but the weather is definitely not cooperating!
  • PaulBoatPaulBoat Posts: 4,389 Officer
    good job guys!!!!!!!!!!!! :applause
  • Stetson LawStetson Law Posts: 489 Deckhand
    Great day with the billfish and good eats to boot! Looking forward to the video.
  • Capt.NoBaitCapt.NoBait Posts: 253 Deckhand
    Can't complain about that day.Great report
  • Plane Fish nPlane Fish n Posts: 6,439 Admiral
    Ok, Video is loaded

Thanks

Cheers

Eric
    PLANE FISH N
  • AlwaysforwardAlwaysforward Posts: 1,512 Captain
    Sounds like a great day on the water for sure. How was the boat show yesterday Eric? Thanks for the offer to go. We picked my wife up a new Civic. Couldn't pass up the free 3yr maintanence special and the 1.9% financing.
    ALWAYSFORWARD, NEVER STRAIGHT...

Truckdecal-signature.jpg
  • Reel CsReel Cs Posts: 255 Officer
    Thank again for a great trip , Eric. You're really getting the video editing thing down. The student has become the teacher!
    TIGHT LINES FROM DAN
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LET'S GOLET'S GO Posts: 2,041 Captain
    Eric great video I like the music the intro sure suit you. As usual, you guys have the best trips and editorialize them to the fullest. I bet that Jerry was tickled with those Blackfins, as he remarked the other day that they are tasty. The weather will probably have us grounded or in port for the next several days.
    GOOD LUCK TO ALL FROM TEAM LET'S GO,
    BONES AND BOOMER. :dog :dog LET'S MAKE EVERY TRIP COUNT

baf44a4e-6651-4a38-8a03-7b1c3b6bd22b_zpse5ca0565.jpg L.G. LIFE IS GOOD ON THE "LET'S GO!"
  • PaulBoatPaulBoat Posts: 4,389 Officer
    great job Eric!!!!!!!!!!!!! ok - I'm buying a GoPro........
    Rowerybo,

Thanks buddy! :thumbsup

Sean,

It was my pleasure Pal. Thanks for making it a fun day on the water. :machinegun

Bo,

We really missed you my friend. It was a great day on the water but it would have been greater if you had been aboard. Next time, send Bones in your place. :dog Hell, he even knows how to fillet. :grin

Patrick,

Thanks. Yeah, we saw the window of opportunity and seized the moment so to speak. We got lucky with the weather. As you can see in the movie, there were storms all over the place..... just not where we were. :hairraiser

Paul,

You are too kind. I have the Go-Pro and Dan has the contour. I like his camera set up better than the Go-Pro as the camera is on the side of the head versus in the front HOWEVER.... mine is water proof and his isn't. That's a huge plus for the Go-Pro. Next time, I'm going to try and get some underwater shots of the fish coming in. If you have any questions, PM me. :fishing

Michael,

It was fun by NOTHING like the 3 Buoys Team. Your days are epic. :hail I will say that we do have a lot of fun though regardless.

Capt. NoBait,

Thanks for the kind comments. You are right.. nothing to complain about. We got out on the water, caught a few fish and made it home in time to miss the downpours. :banana

Jeff,

It would have been nice for you to be there and you got a new car to boot but honestly, I personally prefer the Palm Beach show to the Ft. Lauderdale show. I think there is more fishing and boating accessories at the Palm Beach show. We actually dodged the storms down there also. It was a lot of fun. We had Dan (Reel C's), Jerry (Lucky Us), Chad (The Sailman), Evan (No Limits) and myself. Ended up with 3 extra tickets and we gave them to 3 people from Germany who thought they won the lotto. :cookoo

Dan,

You are DA MAN when it comes to video. It was strange but my Windows Movie Maker started to screw up again. That's why I stopped adding some special effects towards the end. I figured I better upload quickly before it dies again.
    Thanks for all your help. :applause

Eric
    PLANE FISH N
  • FS DanFS Dan Posts: 2,353 Moderator
    Nice edit job on the video, Eric. was it shot using the hat mount or were you just holding the camera? Nice job on the Sail and BFT.

CMD
    Formerly Catmandew
  • BearmaticBearmatic Posts: 576 Officer
    That is one day you guys will never forget. I feel for your grandkids they will have to listen to it a hundred times. Back in the day and so forth. Awesome:fishing

With you and Andy trying to out do each other on videos we will be the winners to enjoy them.:applause
    Dan,

Thanks buddy. I used the Go Pro head strap however I need to lower the camera.

The other problem was I shot it in HD however when I uploaded it on YouTube, I screwed up and uploaded it in low density.

I know what to do next time.

I'm still "green" with this thing but we will work on it. :shrug

Bearmatic,

Oh man.. that has to be the best part of having them isn't it???? :grin

cheers guys

Eric
    PLANE FISH N
  • jah sonjah son Posts: 236 Officer
    Great day!

It's always fun when you can get out with the crew AND catch fish!
    Knowing is half the battle. The other half is violence.

9 out of 10 times alcohol IS the answer.
    jah son wrote: »
    Great day!

It's always fun when you can get out with the crew AND catch fish!

Thanks Jah Son,

Did you get out before the seas kicked up this week?

Hey, you may know. How may I put the YouTube video that I have on this post onto my desktop to show whomever without having to sign on the internet????

If anyone else knows how to do this, please chime in.

Thanks all .

cheers

Eric
    PLANE FISH N
  • M T PocketsM T Pockets Posts: 551 Officer
    Hey Eric,
    Great job on the video!:thumbsup
    Wish I could have got out there with you guys looked like a fun day!:fishing
  • fishingbuddiesfishingbuddies Posts: 636 Officer
    Way to go great report thanks for sharing. So now you name your sails?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    “When you have to choose between two evils you still choose evil” Jerry Garcia
    Tom (AKA Tu Tu),

You know you are always welcome. Let me know. :thumbsup

Jackson,

Yeah... we name them. That way when we meet up the next time, we don't have to go through all the formalities again. :grin :rotflmao

Seriously though, we thought we would see you out there.

Cheers guys

Eric
    PLANE FISH N
  • VenturesomeVenturesome Posts: 1,743 Officer
    Hot dog ! and i love the music. fun. I found myself tapping away with my feet while watching the video.
    2392.jpg
  • ontheedge5658ontheedge5658 Posts: 2,668 Captain
    Eric great job on the sails and bft. :applause Looking forward to fishing with you again.
    Steve,

That was awesome that you got to do lunch with a few of the members. how cool is that? :thumbsup

That song was put on my mp3 by a flight attendant who said it was perfect! :grin

Hopefully I will be around when you announce again. I'm in Frankfurt but heading home tomorrow.

Stuart,

Thanks buddy... any time. :beer

Eric
    PLANE FISH N
  • ontheedge5658ontheedge5658 Posts: 2,668 Captain
    have a safe flight back Eric
  • Lori Jo FishingLori Jo Fishing Posts: 666 Officer
    Nice report and cool video. Congrats.
    Stuart,

Thanks buddy... got home last night.. Now.. to look for the day of opportunity to get offshore. :spin

Lori Jo Fishing,

Thanks very much. Do you think this wind will EVER die down??? :shrug

Cheers

Eric
    PLANE FISH N
  • Ocean MotionOcean Motion Posts: 583 Officer
    Eric,

Great video. :applause Both Joann and I like the solid tunes. BTW: Your friend Dan can pass for my neighbor's brother. Keep up the great post. :Rockon