Early Morning Reds...6/28

BillyBilly ChassahowitzkaPosts: 2,727 Captain
Sevenweight (Mark) ask Windsplitter (Duane) and I out for an early, a really early trip for me, to try for some reds. I even got to see a sunrise. :)

So off we go to Billy's Creek. It was full of reds with some with their backs out of the water. The problem was...they wouldn't bite anything we threw at them. After a frustrating period of time, and for once wishing (sort of), that we should have had bait Duane says let's move. Next spot they weren't thick but we pick up a few decent fish, some trash fish, and I even boated a snook. Turned out to be a nice morning, all fish were released, and we were back to the ramp by noon.

In the spirit of making this a fishing report all fish were caught in back water creeks less than three feet deep, they came on soft and hard jerk baits, color didn't matter, water temperature was 85 degrees, and they fought like crazy. Water was mostly clear and we saw a few small sharks mixed in while looking for wakes to cast to. A few pictures to prove we caught fish, with even one with me in it, for a change.

Bill
"And the ocean is howling for the things that might have been..."

Replies