Backing up GPS numbers Lowrance Elite 5

MelbourneMarkMelbourneMark Posts: 1,760 Captain
I want to back up my gps numbers on my lowrance. It has a card slot, but says it takes SD chips. The stores I looked at have SD HD/HC. I did not buy those.

Does anyone know if they will work? Has anyone uploaded their chip to a computer and "mapped" your numbers on a computer screen?

Replies

• FS DanFS Dan Posts: 2,348 Moderator
    You may want to call lowrance's tech line. With the amount of memory available today, some older units are only setup to address smaller sd cards. ran into that with a garmin unit, that would only address a 256m memory card.(smallest i could find was a 1gig) Ended up using the extra space on an update card that garmin sent to update the software.

FSD
    Formerly Catmandew
  • LCinOHLCinOH Westerville OH; Daytona Beach south to the ML; St Pete and Boca Ciega BayPosts: 94 Greenhorn
    What model Lowrance? And if you want to upload and plot, you will need a mapping program. I have used Low, Ray and Humm, and use a H-Bird on my boat. That said, Humminbird has a free program you can used to do the mapping. Not sure what Lowrance uses..let me check with my Low contacts and get back you

WishinIwasFishininFL