Home Tropics

Palm Beach to West End 7-8 to 7-10 buddy boat?

Pursuit2470wpbPursuit2470wpb Posts: 68 Deckhand
Hello all, i posted initially about this trip on 7-7 to 7-9 but changed it to 7-8 coming back 7-10. Any interest or anyone else making the trip over to west end? we are staying at old bahama bay and would like to follow someone over if possible. We are taking over our pursuit 2470 w single yamaha 225hp. any tips on the best weather site would be welcomed as well. I use NOAA and Windguru but keep hearing others are better. It's a ways off but any guess on if conditions will be cooperative this time of year? I welcome any and all feedback or help as it relates to bait needed for fishing over there, where to eat etc. thanks all, i'm just trying to make our first trip over fun for the family.
kevin

Replies

• Orange&BlueOrange&Blue Posts: 64 Deckhand
    Kevin, I'll be leaving west palm to west end on same day on similar sized/powered boat (23 proline/single 225). We're heading on to hope town after clearing customs so would like to get a fairly early start and clear the inlet at 6:15 +/-. Seas are predicted at 2' now, so I'm thinking I'd run 30 mph or so. Definitely don't care to beat the boat or myself to death so I'd want to go at whatever speed is comfortable for all. I've got epirb, plb and sat phone. Lastly, if I ran across any crazy-good fishing condition in FL waters (ie floating pallet, birds busting bait, sails on the surface, etc) I'd like to give it a quick try, but definitely not looking to troll my way across. Let me know if that's all fairly compatible with your plans/goals and we can hammer out the details.
    John
  • Plastered2850Plastered2850 Posts: 1,842 Captain
    We will be crossing the 6th meeting 21 boats at
    Blue Marlin Cove coming back the 10th.We are
    out of Hillsboro but other boats are going back
    to your port.Give us a call we will be deep dropping
    out front.Should be on 72. PLASTERED
  • Pursuit2470wpbPursuit2470wpb Posts: 68 Deckhand
    Orange&Blue- looks like our plans are about the same. I haven't used the lake park marina yet but heard its best for security, etc so i'll probably drop in there and be ready to hit the inlet same time as you. I'm not looking to beat the little ones up either enroute so that sounds about right for me as well. Hope the weather holds up for us. Wouldn't be opposed to stopping to check out any pallets, etc on my end either. Lets keep in touch and make it happen. Thanks for getting in touch.
    Kevin
  • Pursuit2470wpbPursuit2470wpb Posts: 68 Deckhand
    Plastered2850- sounds great. Would love to keep in touch on the deep drop as well as getting in touch with folks coming back to west palm per your note. sounds perfect, i'll keep in touch and will monitor 72.
    Kevin
  • Orange&BlueOrange&Blue Posts: 64 Deckhand
    Orange&Blue- looks like our plans are about the same. I haven't used the lake park marina yet but heard its best for security, etc so i'll probably drop in there and be ready to hit the inlet same time as you. I'm not looking to beat the little ones up either enroute so that sounds about right for me as well. Hope the weather holds up for us. Wouldn't be opposed to stopping to check out any pallets, etc on my end either. Lets keep in touch and make it happen. Thanks for getting in touch.
    Kevin

Sounds like a plan. I responded to your PM.
  • Plastered2850Plastered2850 Posts: 1,842 Captain
    Plastered2850- sounds great. Would love to keep in touch on the deep drop as well as getting in touch with folks coming back to west palm per your note. sounds perfect, i'll keep in touch and will monitor 72.
    Kevin

Will either be 71 or 72 i should know by Tuesday.