Indian rocks beach/surf

We are staying at IRB, went out this morning and caught a pretty good bit of ladyfish. What's typically in the surf this time of year? Would love to tie into a bull red or a snook. All I brought down was a fly rod and a handful of baitfish patterns. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Replies

• Kokosing LoverKokosing Lover Posts: 634 Officer
    Snook right in the first trough. Be the first person on the beach in the morning.
  • New2FlNew2Fl Posts: 76 Greenhorn
    IRB is the fastest route to the gulf for me so I've fished the surf there quite a bit. Ladyfish and small Jacks can be had from the surf, don't go too heavy with the tackle and its fun. Also have caught flounder bouncing a jig off the bottom.
    If you are targeting snook Kokosing gave you great advice arrive before the bathers preferably at high tide and they will sometimes cruise that first trough literally feet from the sand. You might have better luck with them closer to the passes, Clearwater and John's Pass aren't too far from there but really surf snookin is just being in the right place at the right time. You will greatly increase your chances fishing when there are less people around.