6/25 85' JP Mangos and YT

Quick report: Been a while since I've gone offshore. Threw the net a few times on a grass flat and got pins and small threadfins then headed out of JP. It was nice and calm all day but insanely hot. Little current and no wind in the am for a few hours made it hard to get a good anchor heading or a bite, around 11 am the current started a bit and the breeze from the north helped with the heading and the bite was on. We got 13 Mangos up to 20 in and some YT's, I had a personal best mango get off at the boat unfortunately, it must of been 25in. Overall good day, had peanut dolphin hang out with us for a bit as well.

Replies

• RMDRMD Posts: 1,796 Officer
    Nice pile o fish!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mako224Mako224 Posts: 450 Deckhand
    Nice fish. We had no YT show up at night. Was even chumming with all types of baits. We tried a few spots on the way on Saturday morning and yes you where right. It was hot.

May I ask where you throw the net for Pins? They have been tough to sabiki up for me lately.
  • J BoneJ Bone Posts: 172 Deckhand
    Mako224 wrote: »
    Nice fish. We had no YT show up at night. Was even chumming with all types of baits. We tried a few spots on the way on Saturday morning and yes you where right. It was hot.

May I ask where you throw the net for Pins? They have been tough to sabiki up for me lately.

Grass flats right outside of the channel, chum and see if they show up. I like to anchor off the stern then chum and throw off the bow. We actually sabiki'd up quite a few pins on the way out under a school of threads in about 25 ft.
  • Mako224Mako224 Posts: 450 Deckhand
    The flat on the right as you head out past the bridge? I usually chum and sabiki at the last marker on the way out. Took me almost 2 hours Friday to get about 80-100. Would love to chum and throw the net. I was thinking maybe by the islands just inside the inlet by the sandbar. Thanks for the feedback.
  • J BoneJ Bone Posts: 172 Deckhand
    Yep any of those flats usually have pins.