10,000 Islands

TgrassTgrass Posts: 204 Deckhand
Today my friend Stan and I did a charter to Goodland Florida in the 10.000 island area with Capt Kyle Giampaoli.

I will say that Capt. Kyle was a referral and he was an excellent guide. I would certainly charter with him again. He worked extremely hard it was a very relaxing day on the water.

We had requested that we do a back water trip to look for Snook and Redfish and small tarpon. We had talked with a few Sanibel guides and all they wanted to do was tarpon trips, so they were written off and will not hear from me again. Capt. Kyle was very agreeable to our request.

We spent the first five hours in the back country but we did not see many Snook, we did however see a good number of Redfish and had a lot of good shots at them. We also saw a good number of Tarpon and jumped four but came up empty. They are impressive fish, I can see why people become addicted to them. We did move out to the open ocean ocean later in the day to sort of get a cooldown and had multiple chances at big Tarpon and while we did not connect it was just exciting to see them for our first trip doing something like this.

This was my one and only fish of the trip, an awesome looking Redfish, love the colors.

Replies

• SUPER DSUPER D Posts: 669 Officer
    Pretty fish, Tarpon are an addiction. If a Snook got to be 100 pounds now that would be cool !!! I believe a 100 pound Snook could pull a 150 pound Tarpon backwards with no problem. I just love bigger Tarpon, but only want to catch them on fly, don't even try with my spinner except around bridges with a Jig.
  • sparse greysparse grey Posts: 1,751 Captain
    tgrass, Enjoy your reports & pics & glad you enjoyed your day.
    Ron Conner Release the fish, keep the memories. Once a Knight is enough.
  • HookIHookI Posts: 102 Deckhand
    Nice Red tgrass thanks for sharing