White Marlin Cudjoe Key Pictures 6/23/16

Left the dock at 6:30 AM with a gentle SE breeze and headed offshore with two clients from Tennessee.
Worked a rip at 750'. NADA
Worked the wall and beyond to 2500'+. NADA
Scattered weed everywhere but no patches, no birds, no debris. Void of any signs of life.
Ran back to 850'. Trolled NE. At 780' had a good fish on for 20 seconds. Gone As we were re-rigging circiling back same fish commited sucide on other rigger.
Slow out there but I figured with the SE breeze we would find dolphin.
We did not.

georgetn3.jpg

georgetn4.jpg

georgetn2.jpg

georgetn5.jpg
www.CaptainBill.net
Island Charters
"Key West...Where the weird turn pro"

Replies

• INTREPID377INTREPID377 Posts: 3,737 Captain
    Beautiful fish Bill. That would be a "day saver" for anyone!!
  • flbluerunnerflbluerunner Posts: 711 Officer
    Funny, the **** mahi have been evasive.
    Last 2 trips offshore I had to struggle to find mahi, caught a white 2 weeks ago and a blue a week ago.
    To say the least both saved the day.
    Super job.
    John :USA
    2006 38 Luhrs IPS600, A true 38, the only one made with IPS!
    2001 23 Parker

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • woodytoowoodytoo Posts: 296 Deckhand
    Hate not seeing the meat fish, but do like hearing about the billfish bite. Nice job and pics!
    Bo G.
    Woody Too, Parker 2520XL
    Lil Woody, Carolina Skiff JVX16
    St Pete and Big Pine Key, Fl
  • bonebone Posts: 1,138 Officer
    I'd rather catch and release a marlin and eat a ribeye at the house with a clean boat then clean a trash can full of schoolies. Nice fish and pics.
  • Steel M anSteel M an Posts: 97 Greenhorn
    I think if anybody could have found dolphin it would have been you Bill. You still made a client happy under bad circumstances! Your NC friends that had anchor problems at Bahia Honda several years ago caught lots of YT, grouper, and JJ caught a goliath grouper. Went to other side of Gulf Stream with no action ourselves except one knockdown on the last line out when we were getting ready to come in. By that time it was: "forget it".
  • piner_wahoopiner_wahoo Posts: 3,633 Captain
    nice- never seen one b4
    28' SEA VEE BRAND NEW 200 SUZUKI's- LIVE BAIT OFFSHORE WRECKS DEEP DROP REEFS BACKCOUNTRY
    CUSTOM CHARTERS u pick the boat- Capt.Harlan Trammell
    American Allegiance Charters -LOWER KEYS BACKCOUNTRY FISHING,LOBSTER dives, fish the 33' WORLDCAT w/ AOK+Allegiance!
    your boat or mine, my spots+my gear, your fish.
    BIG WAHOO
    checkout our new website- http://www.american-allegiance-charters.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/American-Allegiance-Charters/708182519302079[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DogDocDogDoc Posts: 686 Officer
    Nice fish, Bill!