Home East Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

Looking for charter operations that need a new deckhand.

Trying to make a little money this summer while home from school, if anyone knows a captain looking for a mate can you pm me a name/number? I've got experience from the Miss Cape Canaveral before they had to close down. If posts like this aren't allowed on the forum, my mistake, please point me in the right direction.

Replies

• gandrfabgandrfab Posts: 21,685 AG
    What's your location?

Walk the docks when the charter fleet comes in and talk to them

Depends on the person posting and the attitude of the mods if posts like this are allowed, that changes day to day.
    I have worked a few boats but I'm not allowed to advertise to do that kind of work for free on this forum,

I have a friend with 2 boats he runs out of N.S.B.
  • temptingtranquilitytemptingtranquility Posts: 265 Deckhand
    I'm looking for something in Port Canaveral ideally, but thanks for the advice, I'll get down there and start walking/talking ASAP.
  • gandrfabgandrfab Posts: 21,685 AG
    The bosses aren't always easy to pick out of the crowd.
    You might seem like a threat to current mates.
    Talk to the Captains, some good boat scrubbing and fish cleaning gets your foot in the door.
    But don't do that without a invite.
    I'll keep that in mind, thanks boss.
  • Triple Threat 33TTriple Threat 33T Port CanaveralPosts: 18,669 Admin
    Trying to make a little money this summer while home from school, if anyone knows a captain looking for a mate can you pm me a name/number? I've got experience from the Miss Cape Canaveral before they had to close down. If posts like this aren't allowed on the forum, my mistake, please point me in the right direction.

Yes, posts like this are allowed and encouraged.

If you want to mate on a boat or trip like Miss Cape Canaveral, I would try the Ocean Obsession or the Pelican Princess out of Port Canaveral. Might be a good place to start while looking for a job on a private charter
    "Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."
    Okay, I'll get a hold of them this week and see what they have to say, thank you much!
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 20,929 AG
    Well, If you need money...you might have more luck finding work on a lawn crew.... Not much fun...but they usually need summer help.
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • gatorhookgatorhook Posts: 657 Officer
    The Miss Cape shut down? Must have been the CG test that did it. That was one old wooden hull.