Best Bottom Machine??

mikenavmikenav Posts: 786 Officer
Which do you think is the best plotter/bottom machine? Not in terms of maps and charts, I have that figured out. I mean as far as ease of use, screen visibility, etc.

Thanks!

Replies

• reel stamasreel stamas Posts: 6,153 Admiral
    Of the brands I see on the boats I fish (RM, Garmin, Lowrance), I like the RM... BUT... It's really ALL ABOUT THE TRANSDUCER !!! Most quality machines will give you a great pic IF you have a nice 'ducer...
    There should be NO Commercial Fishing for any fish species considered 'Over-fished' , 'Undergoing Overfishing' or Subject to Recreational Seasons, Limits, or Closures... Game Fish Status IS the Answer !!!
  • gandrfabgandrfab Posts: 20,431 AG
    What waters are you fishing?

I like furuno,its like a tank and has just kept on going.
    Raymarine is like a high end sports car works great until it needs work.
    :BUNNY gestapo

• dzankdzank Posts: 250 Deckhand
    Hard to beat Furuno. Been using Furuno bottom machines for 30 years.
  • mikenavmikenav Posts: 786 Officer
    gandrfab...fishing out of St. Lucie Inlet. So, inshore and beaches when the water won't kill me just from touching it and offshore when I can get the 22 Pathfinder out there. I have been using a Raymarine a67 and like the touch screen part of it, but these things change so fast (mine is 3 years old) that I was wondering if there were any opinions out there about some of the new stuff I haven't seen yet.

Thanks for the replies.
  • gandrfabgandrfab Posts: 20,431 AG
    I haven't stayed on the cutting edge of electronics.
    If you are fishing deeper water it is worth extra bucks on a higher end machine to see the bottom.
    Shallow water it doesn't matter that much. Use what you have until it needs replacing.
    :BUNNY gestapo

• tilemantileman Posts: 1,118 Officer
    I like my Furuno! but have only had Garmin, but I have seen quite a few different machines
    Here's ta swimn' with bowllegged women!