Cheerleader builds a boat

2»

Replies

• TheToddTheTodd Posts: 36 Deckhand
    My 9 yr old Daughter and I just read this together. Very very inspiring. Well done, just needs a barhopper sticker!
  • nicknick Crystal RiverPosts: 4,747 Captain
  • SaltOnTheRimSaltOnTheRim Posts: 18 Greenhorn
    Congratulations, Captain Ed, for doing such a wonderful job raising a confident & self-assured and TALENTED daughter! And congratulations to Emma for a stunning job! It brings tears to my eyes seeing this story and the pix. I truly hope the magazine will print this - be sure to contact them and send them directly to this thread! What a fabulous story that could help and inspire so many young people who might be afraid to take on what seems like daunting projects. Kudos to you and your family. :dance
  • hossmosshossmoss Posts: 1,225 Officer
    Dreamboat material for sure.

By the way, I have two very worthy and unattached sons!
    PM me if interested.

CHEAP BAIT! Try our NE FL Bait Co-op: http://www.neflbaitco-op.com/

2012 Cape Horn 31T with twin Yamaha F300s

• screamin seamanscreamin seaman Posts: 1,492 Officer
    You did an awesome job raising that young lady!!
    Signature
  • DfreedomDfreedom Posts: 106 Deckhand
    A truly awesome story, thanks for sharing!

My son would dearly love to meet a girl like that!
  • Capt.EdCapt.Ed Posts: 368 Deckhand
    :wink Thanks guys, I will try to contact FS about it.
    It will be a sad day when the last little mom and pop marina is gone to developers and only the rich will be able to enjoy the waters of Florida.
  • FilthFilth Posts: 22 Greenhorn
    Awesome. Simply Awesome. Congrats Emma
    Hey guys can someone help me out here. I live out in the woods and I have about the worst internet service around, I might as well be on dial up.
    Anyhow it took me three frigin days to write this post and get the pictures to load up.
    Now I'm trying to locate FSBlair or anyone involved in the FS magazine to see if they would be interested in putting this build in the magazine but I keep losing signal and getting dropped from the site.
    If anyone here could contact them I would really appreciate it.
    I just do not have the know how, Internet access or the patients to accomplish this.
    It will be a sad day when the last little mom and pop marina is gone to developers and only the rich will be able to enjoy the waters of Florida.
    They could contact me at [email protected]
    Or cell phone 342-302-4725
  • Sick DaySick Day Posts: 260 Deckhand
    Great post. Nothing better than sharing your passions with you child and working together!
  • kbkeyskbkeys Posts: 691 Officer
    What a pleasure to view and read! To me it's very reassuring that there are still parents who have dedicated their lives to their children. Please include this post on whatever college or school's application you may ever need...so many values learned and experienced by you both in this part of your lives together. Made my day!
    PS I needed that today!
  • hooknredshooknreds Posts: 2,461 Captain
    Very nice!!
  • Reel4ReelReel4Reel Posts: 438 Deckhand
    :thumbsup
  • m9000m9000 Posts: 2,027 Captain
    Great story – may she, family and her friends enjoy many happy hours on that boat.
  • Capt. PantsCapt. Pants Posts: 659 Officer
    Every right to be proud... BOTH of you!! Great job!!
  • OReelyOReely Posts: 38 Deckhand
    Dfreedom wrote: »
    A truly awesome story, thanks for sharing!

My son would dearly love to meet a girl like that!

Meet her? Hell, I want my son to take lessons from her. Great job Emma. And great job Dad for raising such a good kid.
  • FS GeorgeFS George Posts: 44 Greenhorn
    Capt. Ed,

George LaBonte here, I'm the new Boating Editor for the magazine as well as host of "One Man's Dreamboat" and co-host of "FS Best Boat" television. First, congratulations to your daughter on doing such a fine job with this project! She seems like a very ambitious young lady! Second, I'm sending you a private message to discuss featuring your daughter's handiwork on Dream Boat. Look forward to speaking with you. And to everyone else, I look forward to participating on the forum as well as my to new role with the Florida Sportsman family.

GL
  • FlickerjimFlickerjim Posts: 475 Officer
    FS George wrote: »
    Capt. Ed,

George LaBonte here, I'm the new Boating Editor for the magazine as well as host of "One Man's Dreamboat" and co-host of "FS Best Boat" television. First, congratulations to your daughter on doing such a fine job with this project! She seems like a very ambitious young lady! Second, I'm sending you a private message to discuss featuring your daughter's handiwork on Dream Boat. Look forward to speaking with you. And to everyone else, I look forward to participating on the forum as well as my to new role with the Florida Sportsman family.

GL

Well.... you are officially famous... Right on !!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2003 21' Palm Beach V6 Yamaha 150
    Tight Lines and Clear Water
  • FS BlairFS Blair Posts: 1,749 Admin
    Great build, better story. This is a FS Dreamboat if I've ever seen one.
  • FletchFletch Merritt Island, FLPosts: 2,382 Moderator
    Way to go Emma!
    "Ninety percent I'll spend on good times, women and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent, I'll probably waste..."
    -- Tug McGraw on getting a raise

Get Down Fishing Charters - Port Canaveral, Florida
  • Riptide31Riptide31 Posts: 478 Deckhand
    Yeah, way to go. Very nice boat.
  • ShelShel Posts: 1,061 Officer
    Just read this, too cool! Congrats on work well done!
  • FS GeorgeFS George Posts: 44 Greenhorn
    The 2017 season of Project Dreamboat starts airing in April and Emma's boat will be featured on one of the "One (WO)mans Dreamboat" segments. Tune in and see it for yourself! We've got some cool boats this year.
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 4,457 Captain
    Fantastic.

:thumbsup

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• LMKLMK Posts: 574 Officer
    AWESOME!!!!!
  • FlatoutventuresFlatoutventures Posts: 224 Officer
    Nice work