Bars/Restaurants to pull up to on the water in Islamorada

First off, thanks to all the contributors from this forum. Some real good stuff lately in the fishing reports, bait suggestions, dolphin discussion and in the FAQ section, etc.

I'll be down in Islamorada next weekend and was curious about places to bring my wife and her friend to after a day of fishing. I've skimmed the 'Places to Eat' section in the FAQ section, but didn't notice any mention of places on the water with slips specifically.

This is only my second trip down there an first with a boat so any information would be greatly appreciated.

We're staying at La Siesta Resort & Marina so an additional info related to the rooms, places nearby, best place to get bait, etc would also be clutch.

Thanks in advance,
dP

Replies

• ChannelTwoChannelTwo Posts: 47 Deckhand
    Places to eat on the water:

Marker 88
    Island Grill
    Islamorada Fish House
    Lorelei
    Robbies
    Morada Bay
    Wahoo's at Whale Harbor
    Habanos at Caloosa Cove
    Lazy Days

Bait:
    Bud n Mary's Marina
    Tackle Center
    Worldwide
  • moontimemoontime Posts: 29 Greenhorn
    :thumbsup
  • INTREPID377INTREPID377 Posts: 3,730 Captain
    I'll add that some of those places are a bit trickier to get into than others and some have shallow water. If your boats under 25', you should be fine. If it's over 30', some might be iffy.

The Fish House I'm familar with doesn't have docks. But Islamorada Fish COMPANY does.
    Lazy Days has limited docking and a really small channel to access.
    Morada Bay has no docks.
    Not too sure that Whale Harbour has "guest" docks.
  • ChannelTwoChannelTwo Posts: 47 Deckhand
    I'll add that some of those places are a bit trickier to get into than others and some have shallow water. If your boats under 25', you should be fine. If it's over 30', some might be iffy.

The Fish House I'm familar with doesn't have docks. But Islamorada Fish COMPANY does.
    Lazy Days has limited docking and a really small channel to access.
    Morada Bay has no docks.
    Not too sure that Whale Harbour has "guest" docks.
    Correct. Fish company not fish house.

Lazy days dock is pretty small.

Whale harbor has small area for 1 or 2 boats to dock just under (south side) of restaurant.

Always best to call ahead to make sure they can accomodate.
  • sugarloafersugarloafer Posts: 195 Deckhand
    hard to beat Lorelei on price/quality.......and view..........it can be hot when theres no wind.......you can't finish the breakfast burrito special n excellent potatoes.
    custom self built 400lb 4" draft 16' microskiff
    custom self built 34' cold molded diesel flybridge lobsterboat
    thanks everyone. my boat is under 25' feet but i'm not confident enough yet to navigate narrow, unfamiliar channels.

REALLY appreciate the added info. looking forward to cutting this week short - already checked out and it's only Monday.
  • DebartDebart Posts: 56 Greenhorn
    This is my first time bringing my boat as well. I can't you tell the anxiety I had last week thinking of boating in unfamiliar waters that are notoriously shallow. We managed just fine. I either watch other boats lead the way or I just trust my depthfinder/GPS and go SLOW. So far so good.
  • sk018sk018 Posts: 2,848 Captain
    I will ad
    for bait skip Bud N Mary's. Go to Tackle Center. BnM is however a really cool place to stop by and check out all the charter boats and stuff.
    We went to lazy days twice while we were down it is tremendous! But, hot as heck with no wind and draft beer is pretty warm.
    I am hearing about a burger joint "meat eatery and tap room" or something. I want to try that place. I tend to crave a big burger after a few nights of cooking fresh fish.
    Tower of Pizza is our go to if we have a long day and by the time we clean fish and boat we don't feel like cooking or going out.
    Woody's has a good pink snapper too.
  • Terence1Terence1 Posts: 121 Deckhand
    Debart, In some cases it is better to go fast while on plane so you will run shallower. I will be in Islamorada in 17 days, going to Kon Tiki Resort. This is my second time with my boat. I to had the anxiety my first time. Look closely at you GPS and look for the markers and follow them. Good luck and have fun:crossed
    sk018 wrote: »
    I will ad
    for bait skip Bud N Mary's. Go to Tackle Center. BnM is however a really cool place to stop by and check out all the charter boats and stuff.
    We went to lazy days twice while we were down it is tremendous! But, hot as heck with no wind and draft beer is pretty warm.
    I am hearing about a burger joint "meat eatery and tap room" or something. I want to try that place. I tend to crave a big burger after a few nights of cooking fresh fish.
    Tower of Pizza is our go to if we have a long day and by the time we clean fish and boat we don't feel like cooking or going out.
    Woody's has a good pink snapper too.

This place was legit! Burgers were fantastic and great beer on tap. Setting was in a strip mall but the vibe was pretty good sitting at the bar.
  • Mako305Mako305 Posts: 17 Greenhorn
    Meat, has some GREAT burgers and great Beer selection! Its my first year renting in Islamorada, a nice change from Key Largo. We pulled up to Lorelei's this past weekend but it looked like they only had space for 2 boats. Are there other spaces for boat parking around front? Entry looked small so I didn't take the chance. Thanks
  • sugarloafersugarloafer Posts: 195 Deckhand
    'med-moor' bow to dock with anchor out the transom at the dock.........theres a basin on up in there with more room also.
    custom self built 400lb 4" draft 16' microskiff
    custom self built 34' cold molded diesel flybridge lobsterboat