A Great deal on Brand name Jigs!

krhyde1066krhyde1066 Posts: 78 Greenhorn
I have that vertical jigging is almost as popular with kayak fishermen, as Live-Baiting is. I found this offer on Ebay today. It's 50 Williamson Jigs, for $190. We all know that's way cheaper than going to a tackle store and purchasing them Individually. I am meant to receive them on Monday, so I will post more and let you know how the order turns out.
Karl

Replies

• Dude-On-A-KayakDude-On-A-Kayak Posts: 256 Deckhand
    Lets see $190/50 = $3.80 each. Yeah, that works!
  • krhyde1066krhyde1066 Posts: 78 Greenhorn
    I was assured that they are not seconds, just a bulk purchase deal. Last fall I purchased a couple of Williamson jigs from Bass Pro and paid about $22 for the two. Once they arrive on Monday I will list exactly what there was, Styles, Sizes and weights.
    Karl
    Well the jigs arrived yesterday, I just worked late. There was nothing to worry about, a great selection of sizes, styles, colors and weights. All Williamson, and no defects or seconds. A great Deal
  • FLATS BROKEFLATS BROKE Posts: 2,060 Captain
    What does a name do? Does a name catch you more fish? In the end, it's just lead with paint. Buy the cheapest you can find and that is a hell of a deal!
    Why cop an attitude? I just meant it's not some cheap junk from China where swivels and hooks can fail! I've made that mistake before, been tempted by cheap tackle and had the hooks snap and split rings stretch open.
  • crghsscrghss Posts: 145 Deckhand
    Thanks for the heads up...
  • FLATS BROKEFLATS BROKE Posts: 2,060 Captain
    krhyde1066 wrote: »
    Why cop an attitude? I just meant it's not some cheap junk from China where swivels and hooks can fail! I've made that mistake before, been tempted by cheap tackle and had the hooks snap and split rings stretch open.

What?:huh Who has an attitude lol? I said that's a hell of a deal sir. Good job. Sensitive bunch. No wonder why this section has gone down.
  • RickysreefRickysreef Posts: 394 Officer
    FLATS BROKE U ARE MEAN MAN LMAO ,thats a good deal but there is so many jigs there that I wont use not a good deal for me, I use willianson they are my fav jigs,I pay 4.99 for them ;)
  • jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,294 Moderator
    I didn't see any attitude. I agree, the game with jigs is to get the most you can get for the least amount of money (especially if you go amberjack fishing on the wrecks:banghead ).

For what its worth, sometimes I buy cheap chit jigs and just replace the hooks that come with them since that's where the budget matters most.
    Hobie Kayak angler for life!
    I wasn't trying to promote a certain brand at all. It just happened that they were by that company. I paid the ultimate price a few years ago, in the Gulf of Mexico. A group of us went on a two day, fall trip to the oil rigs of off LA. We were targeting big fall Yellowfin Tuna.
    Just before the trip, because money was a little short, I bought two dozen cheap Chinese jigs, and 4 cheap surface poppers. Big mistake!!
    Nine of the jigs failed with either broken hooks or stretched out split rings. Two of the four surface poppers suffered broken hooks.
    You get what you pay for I guess.
  • jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,294 Moderator
    krhyde1066 wrote: »
    You get what you pay for I guess.
    True in all things brother.

I do actually wish more jig manufacturers would just sell the bare jig, sans cheap hooks & split rings, at a cheaper cost to the customer so you can buy your own and rig it to your liking. For example, the jigs in your picture with the treble at the bottom of the jig; I take that off and rig an assist hook or two from the top of the jig instead.
    Hobie Kayak angler for life!
  • kayakerinkeywestkayakerinkeywest Posts: 441 Deckhand
    jcanracer wrote: »
    True in all things brother.

I do actually wish more jig manufacturers would just sell the bare jig, sans cheap hooks & split rings, at a cheaper cost to the customer so you can buy your own and rig it to your liking. For example, the jigs in your picture with the treble at the bottom of the jig; I take that off and rig an assist hook or two from the top of the jig instead.

ebay - kevinjc1
    I get bare bones from him. Buy multiple bulk packs and he ships all in a flat rate box. He seems to be adding new styles.
    Youtube - KEY WEST KAYAK FISHING https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkGY6yxE8kogYHKXisMhA2w
    All About The Bait Store - http://www.allaboutthebait.com/
    Jcanracer,
    We think alike, brother!. All the jigs are amazing quality, but about 1/3 of them had trebles. I've started to remove them, all. One the smaller jigs, I'm just adding assist hooks onto the top. The much longer/
    heavier jigs will get assist hooks on the top and a split ring and heavy duty circle hook on the bottom. Offshore in deep water, hooked to a Pelagic, it's bad enough worrying about single hooks flying around! Forget trebles,lol