Home East Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

2016 Annual Training...Snook City!!!

This year's Annual Training has been good to me. For 2 weeks of every year I get to put on my uniform, lace up my boots and head over to Tampa for my Reserve duty. Last week, my brother also just happened to be in town for work so after we both punched out we headed down to the water. Keep in mind he has never caught a snook before... The fish gods were smiling down on us on our first day out there because we caught 17 snook between the two of us and lost at least that many. All of these fish were caught from shore or wading about shin deep and on artificials, most on a 1/4 ounce jig head and electric chicken DOA swim bait.

Today, my brother happened to be back in town so we tried again. Fishing has been tough since that epic day we had last week. We didn't catch the numbers but the big girls were putting on a show busting bait and waving their big yellow tails around. My brother caught the only fish today...and she was a good one! His face says it all!!! Surprisingly, no reds or trout have been caught on these trips but we aren't complaining! :USA

Replies