Home Northeast (3 Forums) Northeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

Flounder fishing on the St. Johns

Where is a good place to go to catch flounder on the St. Johns river without a boat. I am new to the area and need good descriptions, please. Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Chris

Replies

• DemereDemere Posts: 1,464 Officer
    Try driving down Heckscher Dr. You can fish from (and sometimes around) the bridges, there are a few spots where you can walk to pretty good water near Whiteshell. You might try renting a kayak and putting in from one of the many places off Heckscher - some great water available if you do - at a minimal cost. Good luck.
  • madashellmadashell Posts: 816 Officer
    As mentioned above, try the ferry slips on both sides. Also, the shoreline around maport ramp and also you can wade fish next to the CG station and Little jettys. Huegenot Park has plenty of shoreline to walk also.
    I will hit the lottery...I will hit the lottery :crossed
  • spodabfishinspodabfishin Posts: 429 Deckhand
    Demere wrote: »
    Try driving down Heckscher Dr. You can fish from (and sometimes around) the bridges, there are a few spots where you can walk to pretty good water near Whiteshell. You might try renting a kayak and putting in from one of the many places off Heckscher - some great water available if you do - at a minimal cost. Good luck.

Danger around Whiteshell.. a while back a couple waded out during low tide to reach the deeper water of the river.. well tide came in & the mud flat got to soggy. At least one of the drown
    SV2100
  • cghumphreycghumphrey Posts: 4 Greenhorn
    Thanks for all your help. I have been excited to try flounder fishing. Love to eat the flatties, but have never fished for them. Thanks again.